Don_Macaroni

Open this page in "FileMaker Go"?

I made a FileMaker Go 13 solution and made a custom icon for it on the home screen using the iPhone Config Utility. The app and the link all work just fine. But since the icon is basically an URL, it goes through Safari. When clicked, Safari sees the file extension and opens the file in FileMaker Go. But it does this only once automatically, after one click the link is set as browser history. So the next time you click the app icon, Safari asks to 'Open this page in "FileMaker Go"?' with 'Cancel' and 'Open' as clickable options. Very annoying. If you clear Safari's browser history in 'Settings', it opens again in a single run. But right thereafter you get the message again in Safari. Not really user friendly, as the user needs to click 'Open' to continue the app.

I've been looking into scripts that clear the browser history, but there aren't any that I know off. Also, turning on private browsing does not make a difference.

Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Did not try it yet, iPod is at my customer who's using the app... But I compared the profiles, and the only thing different is this:

iPhone Configuration Utility:

<key>URL</key>
<string>fmp://%7E/apptag.fmp12</string>

FileMaker App Maker:

<key>URL</key>
<string>javascript:window.location='FMP://%7E/tagapp.fmp12'</string>

So indeed, maybe the "javascript:window.location" prevents Safari from asking the above...
Will test for sure, but I think this does the trick.

Nakizimbo    0

The app maker works very well. Just make sure you are using the IOS 7 version, assuming you have IOS 7 on your device. Also, if you have both FM12 and FM13 on your device you will have yo remove the FM12 for the app to work with a FM13 solution.

scotty321    1

The problem with using the app maker is that you can't embed a username & password into the fmp:// url scheme.

For example, the fmp:// url scheme allows you to type something like this:

fmp://username:password@IP_Address/DatabaseName.fmp12

However, if you use the app maker, it encodes that "@" symbol as a %40, so you are forced to use the iPhone Configuration Utility.

mikedr    1

(bump) Even if you use App Maker, the "open this page" prompt still appears with ios 8. Any workaround?

Sky Willmott    15

Hi,

You could try using the attached version of App Maker, to create the profile, which I modified so it works with iOS 8... Just go to the 'Settings' tab and make sure you select 'iOS 8' from the 'Supported iOS version' popup menu.

Hope this helps...

[edit: oops, forgot attachment, should be here now]

App Maker 1.0.4sky.fmp12.zip

mikedr    1

Unfortunately, the problem still pops up.  It seems to be an iOS 8 issue, sadly.  Not a huge dealer breaker, just a bit of a bummer.

mikedr    1

hi, do you still have the updated appmaker download? seems the link is broken?

thanks.

Send me a PM with your email address, and I can email you the latest version I have -- 1.0.4.  It clocks in at 3.1 MB.

optisyen    0

App Maker 1.0.4.fmp12 not work on ios10.3.3

Mail attachement abc.mobileconfig . Double click  Open with?

Not install.111111111.thumb.jpg.98a7b736b08d105254f82952e912e66e.jpg

222222222222.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who Viewed the Topic

9 members have viewed this topic:
    ryan360Works  Junior360Works  htmbolton  Lee Smith  Ron Cates  doughemi  FPW  hudi  David Wikström 
  • Similar Content

• By juli51
      Hi all,

Is there any way to launch a kiosk mode video from FM Go?

I have a customer who has iPads in his shop for the public to search product information ( it's a very simple catalog). When the iPad is idle he wants a promotional video to start automatically and close when someone touches the screen again.

Thanks in advance...
    • By Goetch
      I am pretty sure this is a known bug in FMGo 13, however, I was wondering if anyone might have a work around.  

I am having an issue with list view in a simple FMGo 13 program.  Basically after about 20 or so records the input field of a new record disappears.  Scrolling the screen will almost always bring it back.

The program is pretty simple, 3 tables, 2 input fields scan and qty.  I made the program to help take our physical inventory.  The user is only interacting with the "scan" table.  The two fields are scan and quantity.  Basically I download the program into an iPhone and pair a socket scanner with it.  I have a script trigger that runs on object save on the scan field.  The barcode and based on a preference either a new record is created or the user enters in the quantity.  Everything works great until about 20 or so records are scanned, then the user can no longer see the input field on the bottom of the screen.  Scrolling up usually fixes this.  The program seems to work flawlessly if the layout is set to form view, however, obviously the user does not see the last few scans in this view.  

Like I said I have read that there are bugs in list view.

Can anyone suggest a work around?  
    • By Rote
      Hi,

I have Filemaker 12 server and when using FileMaker GO 13 on an iPhone I am able to connect remotely when on cellular but when I switch to wifi (still entering remotely) it does not "see" the server. (Host is not available)

I have tried this on two separate wifi locations with the same problem. I even tried it on the WIFI network that the server is on with no luck.

Also replicated the same problem using wifi on an iPad. I don't have cellular o the iPad so I couldn't determine if it would see the server

Is it a magical port I am missing that needs to be opened?

Any help would be appreciated.  I am stumped.

Thanks
    • By charlie649
      I have a solution on the iPad using FMGo13 and the user likes to let the iPad sleep without logging out.  When the iPad wakes up I have experienced weird problems from, records not saving, data entry not allowed, not being able to connect to host even though the network and the host show they are available. 

If you restart the iPad the problem is solved and everything works perfectly, only seems to happen after the iPad sleeps

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the solution was
    • By Cliveds
      Hi

Can anyone help, I've stored Scanned PDF's of purchase invoices on our FM database which is running on FM server 13. 

Stored externally and secure storage option on the container field.

We can view the files fine on FM pro but when we try and view on FM Go goes to a web view and errors and does not show the PDF.

How do you view stored pdf's in filemaker go?
      Currently running the below script which works for Filemaker Pro Clients just not on Filemaker Go on iOS

Set Variable [$AttachmentPath; Case (Abs (Get(SystemPlatform)) = 1, "filemac:", "filewin:") & Get (TemporaryPath) & TableName::SerialNumber & ".pdf"]
      Export Field Contents [TableName::ContainerFieldName; "$AttachmentPath"; Automatically open]

Any ideas

Thanks

Clive

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.