Error 3 - Command is unavailable (for example, wrong operating system, wrong mode, etc.)

This topic is 2593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I’m working on a Mac OS X 10.9.3 and have a FileMaker 13 Pro developed app that I’m trying to implement a SMS solution in. I’m getting an Error 3 message – Command is unavailable (for example, wrong operating system, wrong mode, etc.). and will be implementing on iPad as well.

Can you give me a hand on what I need to do to get this to work?

This topic is 2593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JMW
      I am using FM 17 and am trying to submit some JSON to an 3rd party website to create and insurance claim.  Below is the curl code I am able to run from the command line. 
      I tried using Insert From Url to do the same thing and I am unable to get it to work.  I get the following message back when I use Insert From Url: "Message": "The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."  I need both the information after the question mark on the url and the data after the -d tag.  I think I read somewhere that if a ? and information is included after the url that Filemaker's implementation of Insert From Url assumes a get.  I need to be able to have both and do a post.  Am I missing something?  Any help would be appreciated.  I can use Send Events but would rather use Insert From Url

curl -o apexEdiOutput.txt -X POST https://sandbox.services.apexedi.com/api/V3/claims/submit?vendorSiteId=<vendor site id> --header "Authorization: Basic <base 64 encoded key>" --header "Content-Type: application/json" -d "@<path name and file with json>"

Thanks!
    • By JTSmith
      OK, I'm using FM16 and trying to figure out an API call.  I'm not an expert when it comes to APIs.
      I have a shopify store, and I can use Insert from URL to get the JSON info on each order.  I want to be able to "PUT" and upload parts of the order.  Every order has a "Note" field that I can add notes.  Per the shopify API documentation, to add an order note, you do the following:
      Add Note to order
      PUT /admin/orders/#{id}.json { "order": { "id": 450789469, "note": "Customer contacted us about a custom engraving on this iPod" } }  
      Can someone help me with what I put in the cURL options area?  Any help would be appreciated.  I think I have the URL and Target figured out.  Thank you!!
    • By 357manch
      With the introduction of cURL options in FM16's Insert from URL script step I've been investigating the possibility of being able to save a copy of my FM solution directly to my Dropbox folder using the https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload element from Dropbox V2 API.

I've successfully created the access token to pass through as part of this step and the Insert from URL script step successfully creates the stated folder and file in my Dropbox.  However, the file size is always 0 bytes.  I've tried 2 different methods

METHOD 1
      #Export a compacted copy of this file to Temporary Folder
      Set Variable [ $file_path ; Get ( TemporaryPath ) & "Solution.fmp12" ]
      Save a Copy as [ "$file_path" ; compacted ]

#Set my cURL options to variable
      Set Variable [ $curl_header ;
      "curl -X POST https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload \\" & ¶ &
      "--header \"Authorization: Bearer " & PREFERENCES::Dropbox_AccessToken & "\"  \\" & ¶ &
      "--header \"Dropbox-API-Arg: {\\\"path\\\": \\\"/DB2FM/Solution.fmp12\\\"}\" \\" & ¶ &
      "--header \"Content-Type: application/octet-stream\" \\" & ¶ &
      "--data-binary @" & $file_path ]

#Dropbox URL
      Set Variable [ $dropbox_url ; "https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload" ]

#Make Request - Set to variable adn then format to JSON field
      Insert from URL [ Verify SSL Certificates ; With dialog: Off ; $json ; $dropbox_url ; cURL options: $curl_header ]
      Set Field [ PREFERENCES:Dropbox_JSON ; JSONFormatElements ( $json ) ]

METHOD 2
      #Export a compacted copy of this file to Temporary Folder and then import to a container field
      Set Variable [ $file_path ; Get ( TemporaryPath ) & "Solution.fmp12" ]  //note1
      Save a Copy as [ "$file_path" ; compacted ]  //note1
      Insert File [ PREFERENCES::Container ; "$file_path" ]  //note1
      #Set variable following instructions on FileMaker website which states:
      #  -  Direct file access is replaced with a FileMaker variable prefixed by the @ character.
      #  -  To access a file, you can set the variable to a container field, which contains the file, then use that variable as the parameter of the cURL option.
      Set Variable [ $container_path ; PREFERENCES::Container ]

#Set my cURL options to variable
      Set Variable [ $curl_header ; 
      "curl -X POST https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload \\" & ¶ &
      "--header \"Authorization: Bearer " & PREFERENCES::Dropbox_AccessToken & "\"  \\" & ¶ &
      "--header \"Dropbox-API-Arg: {\\\"path\\\": \\\"/DB2FM/Solution.fmp12\\\"}\" \\" & ¶ &
      "--header \"Content-Type: application/octet-stream\" \\" & ¶ &
      "--data-binary @" & $container_path ]

#Dropbox URL
      Set Variable [ $dropbox_url ; "https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/upload" ]

#Make Request - Set to variable adn then format to JSON field
      Insert from URL [ Verify SSL Certificates ; With dialog: Off ; $json ; $dropbox_url ; cURL options: $curl_header ]
      Set Field [ PREFERENCES:Dropbox_JSON ; JSONFormatElements ( $json ) ]

JSON Response For Both Methods

I get the following JSON Response for both methods
      {
          "client_modified" : "2017-05-16T11:22:47Z",
          "content_hash" : "e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855",
          "id" : "id:heJWQ1SWwJsAAAAAAcMWNw",
          "name" : "Solution.fmp12",
          "path_display" : "/DB2FM/Solution.fmp12",
          "path_lower" : "/db2fm/solution.fmp12",
          "rev" : "3a0412f00f58892",
          "server_modified" : "2017-05-16T11:22:48Z",
          "size" : 0
      }

Any ideas as to why the file is created but with no content.  I've also tried this with a number of different file types (.png, .txt, .pdf) by manually inserting a file into the container and greying out the 3 steps marked //note1 above but the result is always the same.

• By Anthony
      I am using Insert From URL to send HTTP GET request to my server and get the result.
      I have a function PING that returns 1 if the server is online, but it cannot returns 0 if it is not so I am catching the error on filemaker :
      Connection timed out; the timeout value is 60 seconds.
      Is there a way to reduce  this timeout value so the user does not have to wait a minute to know that the server is offline ?
      Similarly, if a process takes too long to answer, is there a way I can timeout the Insert From URL command ?
    • By reiersga
      Hello everyone,

I am new to FM and the FM forums. 

I am working for an academic program that is in the process of digitizing all of its student/alumni records.  Some of those records include an alumni questionnaire that is filled out on Google Forms, all the responses for which are then automatically recorded into a Google Spreadsheet.  

We want those data to regularly get pushed from the online spreadsheet into a FMP12Adv Table -- in other words, we want to sync that spreadsheet with a table in FMP12Adv.  

So far, I have found two ways of doing this:  (1) Stop trying to pull data directly from the web and just download the spreadsheet so I can manually import it into FMP.  Not a satisfactory method.  (2) Use a technique called webscraping, as demonstrated in this video by Daniel Shanahan:  
  • Who Viewed the Topic

15 members have viewed this topic:
    ibobo  Perusi  Jimmy Buck  brucdoo  Buckie  Randy Bricker  fadelhan  gandi  wattmhite  vinnygi  Calvin Tomm  dennis_em  Karend440  jackal101  FIlip 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.