IF Calculation Help.

This topic is 2573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field named "time_status" and want this to change what it displays based on another field "status".

I want "time_status" to equal 'delayed' if "status" equals delayed.

I want "time_status" to equal 'departed' if "status" equals departed.

The last IF would be if "status" is empty I want "time_status" to equal another field named "time".

This is my first IF calculation and have read some online examples but they don't seem to be working.

Could someone guide me through this?

Thanks,

Adam

I want "time_status" to equal 'delayed' if "status" equals delayed.

I want "time_status" to equal 'departed' if "status" equals departed.

The last IF would be if "status" is empty I want "time_status" to equal another field named "time".

I believe this could be consolidated into: If status is empty, then show time; otherwise show status. That is, unless you have other case/s to consider, for example when status is not empty, but does not equal "delayed" or "departed".

This topic is 2573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mafia2020
      I have a calculation that goes like that, I input a number on "Base Imponibile" (say 100), it adds 15% (it gets me 115), it then calculates 4% to the previous result (115) and it gets me 4,60, I then add 2 and the total is 121,60 which is perfect.
      And that's the part that works just fine. But I then want to make a reverse calculation, where I input the expected result of Total Calculation and tells me all the other values and here it's where things go awry.

I'm attaching the initial calculation that works as a reference and the reverse calculation which doesn't work as an example. The "2" that gets subtracted in the reverse calculation is a fixed value of a small tax that I have to deduct (imposta di bollo).
      I have a feeling that the reverse calculation goes crazy because of some unwanted rounding somewhere, but I am not to sure, so I seek the opinion of more calculation versed persons around.

• By Guy_Smith
      This should be easy, but my brain just won't cooperate!
      I'm moving a bunch of stuff and want to inventory what is in each moving container.  I have a very simple parent-child relationship with the parent record having the container number and category of parts/equipment/supplies and the child records describe each piece of equipment in the container.  I have a portal with the child records showing for each container, but want to put anatto-entered item number for each piece that has the container number followed by a dash and then followed by a serialized number for each item in that particular container.  For example, I would have container 1 labeled "Glassware" and Container 2 labeled "Chemicals".  In Container 1's portal I'd like to see:
      Item    Description          Qty
      1-1      Beakers, 500ml    4
      1-2      Beakers, 250 ml   2
      and in Container 2's portal I'd like to see:
      Item    Description          Qty
      2-1      Potassium           4 g
      2-2      Sodium                26 g
      I'd like to auto-fill the item numbers, but can't figure out how to reset the serialization for each parent record.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks and keep yourselves safe!

• By Rich
      Greets, all:
      I'm using this calculation--in a parent table in a field temporarily named 'Temp'--to grab course numbers from the course_number field in a related/child table:
      UniqueValues ( List ( ASSIGNMENT_COURSE::Course_Number__lxt ) )
      (I'm using this calc because the child table contains multiple records with the same course number; it's not a key field.)
      My intent is to use six buttons--in the parent table--where each button would grab an assigned row's value using the calculation above. For example, say that the above calc has this result:
      AST-100
      EDU-100
      EDU-300
      PHY-100
      SOC-100
      TMA-001
      I want Button 1 to grab AST-100; Button 2 to grab EDU-100; Button 3 to grab EDU-300, etc.
      Mind you, I can't make a value list out of Temp because it can't be indexed.
      TIA for your help! 

• By Asu
      I know. Don't use them. But There is a simple task and a repeating field would be a quick solution.
      Field 1: a number
      Field 2: a calculated repeating field, each repetition adds the repetition number to the value of Field 1.
      Can it be done?
      Thanks
    • By stan111
      Gents, need your help on the following issue:
      I need to track my expanses. There are 4 tables: Products, PriceChanges, Transactions.
      The problem: I need to make a script which will make calculations in transactions tab, accounting for the latest price change.
      Example:
      01 jan17 I bought one bottle of wine for $1 
      03 jan 17 I bought the same bottle of wine for $1,5. So the latest price is $1.5
      In Products table there is one record which is wine. 
      In PriceChanges table there are two records: $1 and $1.5
      I need that Transactions table automatically take corresponding wine prices while adding new or past records.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.