Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSA 12 and PHP: 'hostspec' defined = failed CWP?

This topic is 3479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a (fortunately) backup server we are trying to bring up and we testing our PHP/CWP solutions on it as the last step.  Up to this point, everything seemed to be working fine:  all the canned server tests (well, IWP and CWP) had worked OK; a couple of add-ons appeared to be working fine; client access was good; custom IWP solutions were good.

Then we ran into a problem with the CWP solutions that we have.  We have a login system where you start at an Index page, it reroutes you Login if you aren't logged in.  The initial redirection and showing of the login page works OK.  But when you log in, it apparently fails to authenticate you and just returns error:  "XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1" (or something like that).

The failed login attempt doesn't show up in the FMS logs, either.  So it is almost as if it isn't even contacting the server. 

These CWP pages are working fine under the live server (thankfully), which is configured very similarly:

Windows 2008 R2

FMSA 12.05

SSL

two plugins that run as tomcat processes

IIS 7.5  (using URL re-write for HTTPS redirection)

We have even had them running on an OSX based server without problems. 

I think that I discovered the apparent cause of the CWP problems, at least, but I would like to know WHY, and how to fix it if someone knows:

I had to remove the 'hostspec' definition from the dbaccess.php file we use. 

remove the 'hostspec' definition from "dbaccess.php" = works
define 'hostspec' in "dbaccess.php" = fails
remove the 'hostspec' definition from "dbaccess.php" = works

I found this because the canned FMS CWP test does not use a 'hostspec' definition.

I suspect that it may have something to do with the php.ini or various other FMS configuration files around there.  You see, we didn't have SSL installed at first, but installed it after FMS was setup.  So during the installation of SSL, I have previously discovered that there are a few files you have to manually adjust (I posted about them here), even if you do a redeployment.  But, it could also be because of some IIS redirection issue, it seems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin

• 2 months later...

One factor in this that I discovered later:  if you leave 'hostspec' empty it will default to 127.0.0.1.

So that appears to be the condition for a successful run.  But still not sure why it was failing when defined to be the actualy machine's IP address.

This topic is 3479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.