Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pull -> change -> Push

This topic is 3514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Tim,

I have been looking at EasySync from day one and I'm happy ;-) I think it's a great job. I had implemented my own similar sync but yours I way more charming. What I need though and wonder how to this could be done best is the following:

- In have a server file from which 'Collectors' with their iPad pull about 700 personal (name=collector) records weekly;
- Records that are ready to pull have a status "iPad" which sets your 'exclude' to 0, others 1;
- During the days of the week, Collectors update the records while on the road (locally - no wifi);
- At the end of the day Collectors sync back the records they have updated as soon as they have wifi;

Tim, whats best practice when we keep in mind:

- Only records with name=collector should be pulled.
- Pulled records (those that are on ipad) should get a status change so I can block them on server.

- Synced records get a status change thus 'exclude' becomes 1 (this is easy by syncing back the status field thus changing 'exclude' to 1).
- The synced records should - after successful sync- be deleted from the iPad (when all files are updated and no new files are offered, the iPad will be empty).

Looking forward to your reply,
Thanks!

Jeroen
Aqualab Zuid, The Netherlands

Jeroen --

You can apply more advanced business rules by modifying the "Prepare Payload for Client" script, so that the SQL SELECT statement that is used to gather the records for the payload represents your business logic.

For more info on filtering what gets synced, please refer to the "EasySync Integration FAQ & Best Practices" (http://fmeasysync.com/docs-easysync-integration/) and specifically "Can I use EasySync to sync specific records based on business rules?" 

To implement the check-in/check-out scenario that you described, you would have to call an additional script on the server side to update record statuses. You can do this by adding subscripts to EasySync itself.

-- Tim

This topic is 3514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.