Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EasyDeploy Sequence - Before or After Sync?

This topic is 3450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Records should be synced before the Mobile file is updated, right? Otherwise, data from the current Mobile file would be lost.

Plus, the records should be synced again, after the update, because the new version inside the EasyDeploy container doesn't necessarily have all the data.

I tested the sample files, including EasyDeploy, which contained a new version of the Mobile file. Unfortunately, modifications to the current Mobile file were lost during sync, I think because the Mobile file was replaced before it could sync with the host.

Can you confirm please if I'm on the right track here... The sequence for sync should be:

1. Sync with host.

2. Replace current Mobile file if update is available.

3. Sync with host again if Mobile file was just updated.

Thanks,

=L=

Leo --

"Records should be synced before the Mobile file is updated, right?"

Yes, any changes that are pending in the mobile database are synced to the server prior to deployment of any updates to the mobile database. Also, if the attempt to sync with the server fails for any reason, then the deployment of the new file won't occur.

There are a few cases where the deployment behaves differently:

• During the "ping" phase of the sync, if the mobile device is found to be obsolete (and the host is no longer supporting syncs from it), then the user will see a message that reads, "This version of the solution is obsolete, and cannot sync with the hosted database. Would you like to upgrade the solution now?"

• In cases where EasyDeploy isn't being used, and the mobile device is found to be obsolete, the message will simply read, "This version of the solution is obsolete and cannot sync with the hosted database."

In summary, if configured properly, there should never be a case where the mobile database is replaced prior to data in it being synced.

-- Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

I'm still having difficulty with Easy Deploy... After the new version of the Mobile opens, I don't see any new records on the Mobile file.  The Hosted file has them, but they don't sync.

You had suggested at the recent SOFA Meetup to sync again. I tried this but the Mobile records don't change.

I assembled a series of screenshots to illustrate the point... Please link to my DropBox.

Thanks,

=L=

Leo --

I suspect that this has to do with the value of the "ES_Last_Pull_UTC_Time" global field when the new version of the mobile client was created.

Have you tried using the "Reset" or "Wipe" functions, and then doing a sync? I'm curious to see if the new record appears after doing so.

-- Tim

• 1 month later...

This topic is 3450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.