Push Failed Error 502

This topic is 3445 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Coming back to my rather large project. I have taken my hosted database and copied it to be my mobile database so all table definitions are the same, etc. I've recreated my relationship table and right now I am only trying to sync one table. It is also my largest table (in terms of number of fields).

The first time that I try to sync, I get "Push Failed" and the message received from the server was 502.

This was a direct copy, so my first bit of confusion is... why is it trying to push anything? The data should all be the same including the UUID and times. 

Second, is there any way to figure out how to determine which field this is? I tried doing EXCL_ on all of my number fields one at a time and I still got the 502 error. 

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

I would suggest creating a test table, with just the ES_ fields and one text field. Wire that up to sync and see if it works. Then, you know that the basics are OK, and it is something particular with your fields. 502 number validation? hmm..

Ryan --

Since you've preloaded data, you'll want to be sure that you've set the ES_Last_Push_UTC_Time and ES_Last_Pull_UTC_Time global fields so that EasySync doesn't attempt to push or pull any of the preloaded data. That may be why you're seeing that initial attempt to push the data.

Regarding the 502 error ("Number value does not meet validation entry options"): You mentioned that you've tried setting your number fields so that they are excluded. Did you change the names (add the EXCL_prefix) to both the mobile and hosted databases? Also, is it possible that one or more of the number fields are setup to auto-enter values and that they also have some sort of validation rules on them?

-- Tim

Hey Guys,

So I got through a lot of these issues over the weekend. A big part of my problem is that I've been using the same device (my laptop) for hosted and mobile and the device ID issues mentioned in the troubleshooting guide were creating confusion on my part. I have since setup a 2nd computer to modify my data on the hosted side so that I don't have any more device ID issues.

Once I got past that, I was able to use the EXCL_ prefix to identify the number field that was giving me trouble. Indeed, there was text in my number field in the hosted database, so the error was legit. Simple fix... changed my "number" field to a "text" field and the problem is resolved.  

So I got my largest most complicated table to sync. Now... on to the others. 

Thanks,

Ryan

This topic is 3445 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.