Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Search results disappears when switching templates

This topic is 3441 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FMP 13-Mac

I have this DB (inherited) and when I do a search in, lets say, template 1 (list view), I get x results.  If I now go to template 2 (individual file view), I see the file that was selected in list view, but have lost the x files found in the search results since now all files in the DB are selected.  In other words I have lost the search results.  See pics.

I am not that good in FMP and cannot figure why this happens; I suspect a script or the likes somewhere but do not know where to dig for it.  Any ideas?  Thanks. 

post-61969-0-50233900-1416560369_thumb.p

post-61969-0-20280100-1416560381_thumb.p

If I now go to template 2 (individual file view),

How exactly do you do that? Is there a script involved? Or does your second layout (the one in form view) have a script trigger attached to it?

--
P.S. What you call a template is a layout, and what you call a file is a record.
PP.S. Why such a big font?

I presume that when you say template you mean layout.

Also I presume that when you say file you mean record.

Your problem could be caused by the fact that both layouts are not based on the same Table Occurrence.

Look in Manage > Layouts... to check this.

In your next reaction show us a picture of your Relationships Graph.

Your problem could be caused by the fact that both layouts are not based on the same Table Occurrence.

That (as the sole explanation) does not fit with:

If I now go to template 2 (individual file view), I see the file that was selected in list view
  • Like 1

Thanks folks,

sorry for mixing up layout and record.

As to the font I did a copy paste.  Did not realise it would result in such a big font. 

Table Occurrence I see is all the same for all Layouts (file default).

Switching layout is achieved by using buttons (see pic) hat move between them.  

Relationships Graph is enclosed too.

post-61969-0-12729000-1416566707_thumb.p

post-61969-0-69692500-1416566718_thumb.p

Switching layout is achieved by using buttons (see pic) hat move between them.  

Well, then let's find out what the button that you use ("Ind. record"?) does. Go into Layout mode, and double-click it. If it shows Perform Script, then have a look at that script.

• Like 1

Well, then let's find out what the button that you use ("Ind. record"?) does. Go into Layout mode, and double-click it. If it shows Perform Script, then have a look at that script.

super, your comment helped me to think in a different way.  I went to: File menu > File Options, and clicked the Open/Close tab.

​Here I found that there is a script that selects all records for one of the layouts.  This is the layout in which the DB opens wen you open it.  

​A million thanks folks!  Problem solved. 

PS can I mark this topic somewhere as solved? 

o dear, a glitch.

After restarting the computer the behaviour is back.  It must have been a glitch moment.  Any suggestions of what it can be? 

The button sends it to the layout that is indicated.  So do the other buttons.  No script attached to any of the buttons that switch layouts.  

PS can I mark this topic somewhere as solved? 

If the post helped you, you can select the green 'up' arrow in the post which provided you assistance.  :-)

The red 'down' arrow is rarely used.  Everyone who responds to help you is trying to help so down-rating them is a bit of an insult.

• Like 1

If the post helped you, you can select the green 'up' arrow in the post which provided you assistance.  :-)

The red 'down' arrow is rarely used.  Everyone who responds to help you is trying to help so down-rating them is a bit of an insult.

great, thanks, now way of marking it solved than.  but I did green arrow the useful ones.  

This topic is 3441 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.