Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is it Supposed to Work Like This?

This topic is 3432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I’ve succeeding in syncing an empty “fresh” mobile db on my iPad with my hosted populated db on a server hosted by a 3rd party. It works very nicely.

I’ve also succeeded in removing records from the hosted database and re-syncing from the mobile db and found that it synced correctly; i.e., the records deleted from the host were also deleted from the mobile.

So far so very good.

Now, I changed some of the record-level data on the hosted db and re-synced from the mobile and found that none of the record level changes were made in the mobile db. Am I expecting too much?

Also, since my hosted db gets replaced on the server on a daily basis with a fresh copy with new data, I want to delete all data from the mobile db and re-sync from the existing now empty mobile db to get the new data from the hosted db. This is not working for me.

After I initiate the sync, the message from appears almost immediately that 0 records were synced.

Thus far the only way I’ve can sync to the new db that was replaced on the host is to get a “fresh” copy of the mobile db over to my iPad.

Once again, is it supposed to work like this, or am I missing something fundamental in my comprehension and processing? Is there any work-around that can help me accomplish my goals?

Thanks.

Tim:

No. I updated the host database two ways: 1) directly on the server & 2) by uploading a total replacement host database to the server. The replacement has no design changes; just new data.

The mobile database on my iPad was only used to sync with the host.

Thanks for your reply.

Dave

This topic is 3432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.