Problems with FMgo13 after Ipad hibernates

This topic is 3376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution on the iPad using FMGo13 and the user likes to let the iPad sleep without logging out.  When the iPad wakes up I have experienced weird problems from, records not saving, data entry not allowed, not being able to connect to host even though the network and the host show they are available. 

If you restart the iPad the problem is solved and everything works perfectly, only seems to happen after the iPad sleeps

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the solution was

Unfortunately I also see this happening a lot... Very annoying for the user and I wish there was a fix. You will probably find that you don't have to fully restart the iPad, but instead just double tap the home button and swipe FileMaker Go up out of the app list to fully quit it. Reopen, and it should be fine again.

Best way to deal with it I've found is to use a 'BugCheck' script... There is a post by PhilModJunk on the following page which has a downloadable file with such a script: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/7dd42aaeb5

That script alerts the user when that issue occurs and prompts them to restart FileMaker Go...

I really wish FileMaker Inc would find a fix for this... It's really crippling in many circumstances....

• Like 1

I have a solution on the iPad using FMGo13 and the user likes to let the iPad sleep without logging out.  When the iPad wakes up I have experienced weird problems from, records not saving, data entry not allowed, not being able to connect to host even though the network and the host show they are available. 

If you restart the iPad the problem is solved and everything works perfectly, only seems to happen after the iPad sleeps

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what the solution was

Hi Charlie,

Please update your profile to reflect your current FileMaker version, OS and platform. Here is a quick link for your convenience MY PROFILE.

I think some of this can be blamed on the recent upgrades to Apple’s OS Yosemite and  iOS 8.1.2 and the slew of updates for the apps. As everyone who has upgraded knows, it seems like a constant stream over that last couple of months.

When ever my Mac starts acting funny, the first thing I do, is to Fix the permissions. I also Restart, and Hold down these key combinations at start up Cmd, Opt, “R” and “P”. This zaps the prams and I continue to hold them down until I hear the Mac startup BONG twice.

As someone already mentioned, a restart holding the Home Key and the Off button on my iPad.

HTH

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I also see this happening a lot... Very annoying for the user and I wish there was a fix. You will probably find that you don't have to fully restart the iPad, but instead just double tap the home button and swipe FileMaker Go up out of the app list to fully quit it. Reopen, and it should be fine again.

Best way to deal with it I've found is to use a 'BugCheck' script... There is a post by PhilModJunk on the following page which has a downloadable file with such a script: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/7dd42aaeb5

That script alerts the user when that issue occurs and prompts them to restart FileMaker Go...

I really wish FileMaker Inc would find a fix for this... It's really crippling in many circumstances....

Thanks for the link, let me try this and see how it works.  I wondering if the error is detected if I could just restart FMGo for them?

This is frustrating for the user as in some cases where records are created we find that they are immediately deleted when you leave that record.  The restart fixes that problem but sometimes they do not realize that it happened.

Would be nice to have an " on wake up" function that we could trigger.

I'm not having any of the "weird problems" the OP mentions, but I do have a client I'm developing an iPad solution for who is also stuck on the need to repeatedly log-in over the course of a work session as the iPad goes to sleep.

I'd think that given the nature of iPad usage, scenarios in which a user needs to input data only intermittently over the course of several hours rather than having the app open / active continuously would be the norm rather than the exception.  Am I missing something?  Can there really be no fix for this?

How are others advising clients who complain about having to log in several times per hour?

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 3376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.