Using a portal to create a new list of items in a table

etsmarines

This topic is 3355 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 2 tables.

1 table is a list of products

2nd table is a list of expense reports

The goal is to assign a product to each expense report.

For example if i have an expense report that was to buy medicine i want to assign the product "Healthcare" to that expense report and have it saved as a unique record in a new table.

However sometimes I have an expense report that is for two or more different products. So again for example i may have an expense report that was for buying medicine and also two pairs of shoes.

In this case the products that should be assigned to this expense report would be "healthcare" and "clothing".

However i want this expense report to show up now in another table as two line items..

Same expense report on each line but with different products assigned.

So instead of: Expense Report 1 with Product 1 and 2 assigned to it i would have Expense report 1.... product 1....

Next line item

Expense Report 1 product 2....

In other words if i assign 2 or more products to an expense report i want that expense report to show up in a new table as a new line item each time i assign a product to it...

How can i take line items from one table... match them to one or more line items to another table and have a new table start auto creating line items based on the number of matches i make?

-Erik

FileMaker 13 includes an Expense Report template. It essentially does what you've described, I think. Although it uses a hard-coded value list to select the category, you could easily use a value list that is based on a field in your Products table.

This topic is 3355 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.