Importing really large XML file generates unknown error

This topic is 3210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I try to import a rather large XML file I get a rather unhelpful error message (see attachment).

The file in question is about 860MB and contains about 100 000 records in an XML ONIX format. Working with books this is not unusual. The error message in question is very poor though so it's nearly impossible to find what is not working. 

ONIX records grows and this file stopped working after it reached a certain size. I do believe all records are fine and properly formated, but FileMaker doesn't seem capable of handling such a large file. 

To me it almost seems like it runs out of memory? Is there anyway to circumvent this? 

Software: FileMaker 13, OS X 10.10.3, iMac 27" (late 2013), 8GB memory. 

Skärmavbild 2015-04-24 kl. 08.17.57.png

• 2 weeks later...

The file it imports to is pretty much empty. It has a couple os minor translation tables that relates to a few fields, but overall there is very little to no data in the database when the XML file is being imported. It's sort of a stop on the way before the data is imported to the real database.

Can't find that many good tools for splitting XML that can handle files of this size .  Even less that can do it in OS X.  :-(

I should say I've trie XSLT, but xsltproc only supports XSLT 1.0 och the remaining tools all crash from the stupid amount of data that is input into them from the files. 

Edited by AndreasG

• 1 month later...

This topic is 3210 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.