FMEasyWeb Is Now Available

This topic is 2563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone.

I'm happy to announce that FMEasyWeb is finally available for beta testing.

With EasyWeb, you can provide Web-based access to your FileMaker databases without needing to write code. It's a convenient way to quickly publish data to the Web and make it available to either the general public or to authorized users. And like many of my other FileMaker solutions, EasyWeb is being made available via an open source license.

For more information about EasyWeb, or to download it, please visit: http://fmeasyweb.com

Thanks!

~ Tim

Nice one :-)

Tried it out on a basic GoDaddy web hosting account connecting to the sample Contacts database being hosted on one of the 'budget' FileMaker hosting companies, and had it up and running in about 5 mins... One thing that doesn't seem to be working quite right is the displaying of container field images in the form view.... They show fine in the list view though...

Thank you ... Looking forward to seeing what you are doing with fmFoo... A quick and easy way to enable data collection on web sites direct into FileMaker will be great... Lots of use for that...

Sky --

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Regarding the container issue: If you haven't already, drag the container file on to the layout that you are using for the form view. It's not enough that be included as a visible field when viewing the layout as a table - It has to be physically on the layout. That should do it.

Also,, fmFoo is on the way. I'm hoping to release that in the next day or two. I just need to work up the documentation. Stay tuned.

~ Tim

Hi Tim,

Yep - that was it.... I just needed to add the container to the form view layout... Thank you for your help.

Shmuel... Yes, the php code files should be uploaded to your web server... In a lot of standard hosting packages, this is the public_html folder or equivalent.....

• Newbies

Thanks Tim for sharing this...

MAC Mini

OSX 10.10.3

FMS 14

I am a little late to the party, downloaded this Monday and just now really looking at it.

After reviewing the forums and documentation I am still confused on a couple of points,

I have placed the PHP Code folder as seen below.

/Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/PHP Code/

In the settings.php file I have tried my Private IP address, 127.0.0.1, and localhost and can not get anywhere.  No realtor message just a line says file does not exist.  I did rename fmeasyweb-contacts to just fmeasyweb.

An example url would be http://127.0.0.1/fmeastweb/index.php   and receive this when tried.
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the ">referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of ">that page about the error. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

I must be missing something really simple or just not understanding the process.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated .

Greg

Greg hello,
Just to say that I find myself at the same stage as you, I support you morally
Shmuel

has a close difference: / Library / FileMaker Server / HTTPServer / htdocs / PHP code / conf

Edited by SHMUEL

I get errors Online

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\database-connect.php on line 35
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\database-connect.php on line 41
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant FMEW_Application_Type - assumed 'FMEW_Application_Type' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\layout-load.php on line 25
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method FileMaker::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\libraries\FileMaker\FileMaker\Implementation\FileMakerImpl.php on line 204
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method FileMaker::isError() should not be called statically in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\layout-load.php on line 45
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\error-display.php on line 25
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\error-display.php on line 57
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\page-display.php on line 26
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant EW_HTML_LANG - assumed 'EW_HTML_LANG' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\themes\EasyWeb Enlightened\page-template.php on line 21
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\page-display.php on line 46
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\page-display.php on line 60

Thanks Tim for sharing this...

MAC Mini

OSX 10.10.3

FMS 14

I am a little late to the party, downloaded this Monday and just now really looking at it.

After reviewing the forums and documentation I am still confused on a couple of points,

I have placed the PHP Code folder as seen below.

/Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/PHP Code/

In the settings.php file I have tried my Private IP address, 127.0.0.1, and localhost and can not get anywhere.  No realtor message just a line says file does not exist.  I did rename fmeasyweb-contacts to just fmeasyweb.

An example url would be http://127.0.0.1/fmeastweb/index.php   and receive this when tried.
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the ">referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of ">that page about the error. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

I must be missing something really simple or just not understanding the process.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated .

Greg

​Greg --

I believe that if you change the name of this folder - /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/PHP Code/ - to - /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/easyweb/ - then you would be able to reach the site using: http://127.0.0.1/fmeastweb/index.php

~ Tim

I get errors Online

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\database-connect.php on line 35
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: fm_account_name in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\database-connect.php on line 41
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant FMEW_Application_Type - assumed 'FMEW_Application_Type' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\layout-load.php on line 25
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method FileMaker::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\libraries\FileMaker\FileMaker\Implementation\FileMakerImpl.php on line 204
PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method FileMaker::isError() should not be called statically in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\layout-load.php on line 45
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\error-display.php on line 25
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\error-display.php on line 57
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\page-display.php on line 26
PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant EW_HTML_LANG - assumed 'EW_HTML_LANG' in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\themes\EasyWeb Enlightened\page-template.php on line 21
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\page-display.php on line 46
PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: customizations in C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\HTTPServer\conf\PHPCode_Timdietrich\core\page-display.php on line 60

​Shmuel --

Please see this thread: http://fmforums.com/forums/topic/97157-setting-up-fmeasyweb-questions/

~ Tim

this seems very interesting, but i'm confused to what is actually required to add on to an existing database? on cursory glance, the scripts and themes are all around contact management, what would it take to add this to say, Filemakerstarting point?

yilbber --

EasyWeb is designed to make Web publishing data stored in a FileMaker database easy. While the example database is an example of a Contacts database, it really doesn't matter what the data represents. It could be products, orders, club members, race results, etc. 

To use EasyWeb with another database, you would just configure EasyWeb to point to the database, and specify the layouts that you want to use to display the "list" and "detail" views. 

Hope this helps explain what EW is.

~ Tim

• Newbies

​Greg --

I believe that if you change the name of this folder - /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/PHP Code/ - to - /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/htdocs/easyweb/ - then you would be able to reach the site using: http://127.0.0.1/fmeastweb/index.php

~ Tim

​Tim

I am making some progress..  I no longer receive an error but only a blank page going to /fmeasyweb or /fmeasyweb/index.php

I must be doing something in the settings.php file that is wrong

I have tried this with Safari 8.06 iPad Safri and Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer

Any ideas...

greg

Edited by gregwms

• 2 weeks later...

This is not so "easy"...

I too get a blank page in the browser sometimes.  Other times I get error text in the browser.  Clearly, I am doing something wrong.  But since there is not document that gives precise step-by-step guidance, problems are to be expected.  Here's the problem...

• I have FMP 13 Server Trial installed on an iMac.  It's up and running with an IP of 192.168.0.18.

• I renamed "FMEasyWeb - Contacts.fmp12" to eliminate the spaces which can cause huge headaches in URLs.  The new name I created is: "FMEasyWebContacts.fmp12".  I then used FMP to upload that database to my server.

• Within the browser-based Admin console, in the Activity tab, I see  "FMEasyWebContacts.fmp12" listed, and to the far right, there is a gray dot beneath PHP.  Status is "normal".  And within the Status tab, I see PHP is "Enabled."

• I don't understand WHY I had to do this but I nevertheless followed the advice give in previous posts and copied the "PHP Code" folder into Macintosh HD > Library > FileMaker Server > HTTPserver > htdocs.  I then renamed the "PHP Code" folder to "easy web".  So that yields this path: Macintosh HD > Library > FileMaker Server > HTTPserver > htdocs > easyweb

• I edited the following two lines within "...htdocs > easy web > Settings.php" using TextWrangler and saved it:

define ( 'FM_HOSTSPEC', '192.168.0.18/FMEasyWebContacts' );
define ( 'FM_DATABASE', 'FMEasyWebContacts' );

• Typing in 192.168.0.18/FMEasyWebContacts into the Safari address bar and pressing return yields the following browser error:

"The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the ">referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of ">that page about the error. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again."

• Typing 192.168.0.18/easyweb/index.php in Safari's address bar yields a blank page.

Please advise how to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Edited by James Wages

Thank you, Josh.  But watching that video was actually the very first thing I did just after reading your kind suggestion in our other discussion thread.  Unfortunately, that video doesn't give detailed specifics on the very first things you need to do to get FMEasyWeb to function properly.  That video is a demo video that shows you what to do AFTER the initial setup is complete, how to tweak your database via the PHP files once it's already displaying in the browser just fine.  And by "setup" I mean how to properly install the PHP files and where, as well as getting the database setup on a test server (which most anyone would want to do prior to paying for an actual hosting plan, which can be done on one's own machine using a Trial version of FMP Server), and ensuring your URL to the database (within "Settings.php) is 100% correct.   Doing some serious hand-holding on that would truly make it "easy" I think.

But I am dead in the water right now.  As such, I would like to refer everyone's attention back to my previous post:

http://fmforums.com/forums/topic/97156-fmeasyweb-is-now-available/?do=findComment&comment=442408

I look forward to your detailed thoughts and suggestions, not merely for myself but for everyone else out there trying out this potentially great FMP solution.

Thank you.

Edited by James Wages

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2017 at 3:18 AM, shevyshevy said:

Looks like this project is dead.. That would be a terrible loss.. 

It is indeed a TERRIBLE and TRAGIC loss.  Look at all the time that has past since my last post in this thread, posted in June 2015.  It's now April 2017.  Yours is the first follow-up post since then.

Absolutely terrible!

Setting up fmEasyWeb requires some web skills for sure. We Tim stopped working on it, for many reasons, it was limited to basically only showing a basic list or form view. If I recall correctly, you couldn't use it to fill out a form and submit. There were a lot of challenges with that setup, and with time, he may have been able to work out some of them.

Right now, I am just concerned about setting easyweb just for it to show the records (just as the demo video) I don't really need to be able to edit records etc..

going through the comments on the thread, I can see some people have been able to at least get past the setup stage. Their help will be much appreciated at this point.

I am still confused in some steps:

1. Where exactly are we to copy Easyweb folder and files? Hosting site or FileMaker server

2. I use Windows for my FileMaker server, going through C:program files - FileMaker - Httpserver - Conf. (There is no directory called Httdocs) and from people's comments, this is the folder that holds the fmeasyweb files

This topic is 2563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.