Server Maintenance This Week. ×

getting started with email plugging

This topic is 3054 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello, regards from Spain. I've been working with Filemaker for ten years, but never with a plugin like this. Now I am setting up my databases hosted in a Mac Mini Server, running Mac OS El Capitan and Filemaker Server 14, and I'm missing a quick installation guide, to solve this issues:

• Do I need to install the Email plugin at the  /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions Folder?
  • I've bought an enterprise license, so: do I have to install the plugin on every client computer?
  • Is it necessary to register the plugin from every computer and every time the database is opened?

Thanks for your help,

Damián

server.png

What sort of usage are you looking for? Installing the plugin on each client's computer is only necessary if you want to use the plugin functions client-side. If you're running everything server-side you won't need to install it on the client's computers. Same thing applies to registration, if you're only installing it on the server you only need to register it on the server. On server installs you need to register is as a script step in scripts that use the Email plugin.

But yes, that is the correct installation location. If it isn't loading please ensure you have the correct iteration of Java installed. On OSX you need this: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

In addition to what Caleb has said, if you have the Java 6 it may be that your Admin Console is just not updating when you enable the plugin. Restart your Admin Server by opening Terminal and typing the command "fmsadmin restart AdminServer -y" and then log back into the admin console to see if that remedy the problem.

• Newbies

Thanks, I could install the plugin on the server, and I prefer run server-side scripts. I have some questions:

• How can I register the plugin from filemaker Server?
  • I'm opening my databases and I can't see the plugin functions, do I have to do anymore?
  • Finally, is there some guide to start?

Thanks, regards

Damian

This topic is 3054 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.