Lookup Value Based on Two Criteria

This topic is 2980 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've have searched and searched and can't seem to find an answer. So here we go.

I have two tables; "In House Jobs" and "Paper Catalog" with the following fields. 

In House Job Table consists of

Paper Size

Paper Description

Cost Per Sheet

Paper Catalog Table consist of

Paper Size

Paper Description

Cost Per Sheet

They are Related by Paper Size = Paper Size

When I am in In House Job table I select the paper size from a drop down. Once a size is selected the Paper Description drop down changes based off that size. The lists are being looked up from the paper catalog. Once I select a Paper Description I want the cost per sheet to lookup the correct value. So I am trying to have Cost Per Sheet lookup automatically based off the paper size and paper description. 

Thanks in advance!

• Newbies
9 hours ago, BruceR said:

If you want to look up the price based on two criteria then define the relationship on two criteria (two fields).

That works, but when I make the two relationships, my conditional value lists don't work. I have to show all in each field. Is there a way to keep that conditional value list intact and still have it lookup the value?

I got! I understood what you meant. I needed two Relationships from the Paper Catalog. One for the conditional lists and the other for pulling the data. 

This topic is 2980 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.