Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcsebot

mac
Moving container data external reference lost.

3 posts in this topic

One of my tables has a container with pictures in it. The pictures (mostly .jpg not that it matters) all showed up just fine. I moved them to external un-encrypted storage and now the container shows the file but not the picture. If I close the DB on the server and open the DB locally the pictures all show up correctly. Once I mount the DB with the server, all clients see the file in the container but not the picture. Any new records/pictures added show up just fine. I would like to get all the records to show the files as a picture like it was before I moved them.

Note: I’ve done this with two other containers in different tables and they maintained their picture status. Don’t know why this one acted differently but I need to fix it.

Thanks for any help,

Ooops, just notice that the file name in the container preceded by the word "Missing:"

Now I have to figure out why it thinks the file is missing only when accessing remotly. Maybe a permissions problem.

Never mind I fixed it. Somehow the container was pointing to a diffrent directory. Given the new pictures were already working from the corret path, I copied all the older pictures into the new path. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By SebLetarte
      Hello,
      We have a solution to store pictures(JPEG and NEF) from a photographer. I am trying to mass import the raw files(.NEF) into containers but I have an error message saying 'This file could not be translated using the selected file type'.
      It is possible to drag and drop or File->Insert the file into the container directly but I can't import them from the folder.
      Is this impossible to import files from folder with extensions other than the basic ones? (jpeg, pdf, jpg, png etc)
      Thanks!
    • By Bill_misc_IT
      I have a solution to track employee expense reports which contains a container to store a pdf of related receipts.  Currently, I create a multiple page pdf of receipts in Apple Preview, then paste it into the container.  Was wondering if it was possible to create a FM script or AppleScript to drop a single, additional pdf into the container and "automatically" create multiple page pdf with the existing container contents?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Floriano Vassallo
      how to edit scripts by displaying a repeating field ?
    • By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,
      We recently migrated from FM14 to FM15 and suddenly some invoices come out strange after the saveAsPdf script step . ( see pic ). When in preview mode everything  seems to be ok and is printed to a printer ok.
      Theme : Classic, Font used : Calibri size 11 and 12.
      Problem occurs on Mac 10.11 and Win10 with FM15.
      When I do a print ( to preview ( mac )) and then save as pdf everything is also ok, so it seems to be related to the FM pdf renderer.
      However, not every invoice has this issue, but I wonder how data could cause this behaviour.
      Best regards !

• By bioplasma
      Recently i change my office PC to a Mac Laptop since is much more accessible for me. After getting Filemaker 12 for it, I try running the copy I have of FM starting point and this what happens.
      I will appreciated any help I can get to resolve this 

Thank you