Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcsebot

mac
Moving container data external reference lost.

3 posts in this topic

One of my tables has a container with pictures in it. The pictures (mostly .jpg not that it matters) all showed up just fine. I moved them to external un-encrypted storage and now the container shows the file but not the picture. If I close the DB on the server and open the DB locally the pictures all show up correctly. Once I mount the DB with the server, all clients see the file in the container but not the picture. Any new records/pictures added show up just fine. I would like to get all the records to show the files as a picture like it was before I moved them.

Note: I’ve done this with two other containers in different tables and they maintained their picture status. Don’t know why this one acted differently but I need to fix it.

Thanks for any help,

Ooops, just notice that the file name in the container preceded by the word "Missing:"

Now I have to figure out why it thinks the file is missing only when accessing remotly. Maybe a permissions problem.

Never mind I fixed it. Somehow the container was pointing to a diffrent directory. Given the new pictures were already working from the corret path, I copied all the older pictures into the new path. :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Mr. B
      We are Americans who are a non-profit and have a school for squatter children in the slums of the Philippines and would like to create student attendance database that provides various rewards. 
      Our goal is to encourage the kids to attend school who otherwise wouldn't and provide them with a reward point type of system. Each day they attend school, they get 5pts. If they remembered to wear their school uniform they get additional 5 pts.  At the end of the day or the end of the week, they can use their points and trade them in for rice, milk, things that will help them feed their family, get school supplies etc. 
      We would like to account for how often they come to track their daily attendance.  We are hoping to include other fields that would be helpful to medical assistance, needs, etc.
      As of now, we print and laminte, cutout little paper coins we give them and it is a lot of work. We have around 400-600 kids who attend class. Annually we have several large community events where we track the daily attendance during summer of up to 3,000 students who attend. This is all done by hand so a digital type system would really benefit, save time, manpower, and streamline what we are doing. 

To Summarize:
      - track attendance
      - reward attendance and such by point system
      - can use their student card points at cafeteria for snacks or for extra stuff as incentive to help their families.

If you know of something that would help us, or have some ideas, please let us know. 

~ Mark
    • By calebruth
      I tried to install MirrorSync 3.17 today on a MacOS with 10.12.3 and FMS 15.0.3.308. The installer is hanging at about 80% progress at "Running package scripts..."
      Is there an installer log file that I can examine?
      In addition I noted in the docs the restriction against multiple users sharing the same file on the same device:
      http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Can_I_share_a_device_among_multiple_users.3F
      I am wondering about the details of this restriction and is it possible for multiple users to share the same db file on the same device if there is no record filtering or record-level access features enabled?
    • By BugsyOhar
      Over the past ten years our organization have been using a PO database solution to store all purchasing information. Each year
      the layout would change to illustrate which year it represents. We would like to merge each of these databases into one for better
      searching capabilities. Is there an easy way to accomplish this task while still maintaining data integrity? Thank you!
    • By GEORGL03
      Good afternoon everyone,

Some BackStory:
      When FMCloud was first announced, I was ecstatic; I'm all for moving towards cloud technology for my agency. I was nearly there...about to pull the trigger and start a migration scheme from my current setup into the FMCloud, but then the one big caveat was found..
      "Supports custom app authentication via FileMaker user accounts only" AKA no External Authentication. But that is fine, I understand it was released for small businesses which need the scalability of AWS, but this DOES NOT work for my agency. I spent half a year moving away from filemaker user accounts, I can't go back; plus they have a Single Sign-on initiative that I'm trying to meet.

But I still need to get off of my old physical towers.So my next idea is that I want to spin up an EC2 in AWS and put filemaker server on it as an alternative, but I can't find any verbiage that details how that works(or if it works) in the way that I would like. Namely, I need my AWS server to talk to Active Directory, preferably by ADFS or SAML (lesser so).

So the question:
      Can I setup external Authentication to an Active Directory from a server being hosted on AWS that is housing FileMaker Server 15? If so, What should I make note of before diving into this?

Thanks for any help and clarification someone can provide.

~Levi
    • By cril
      Hi I'm trying to develop an interface between my filemaker database and a SOAP service. No where in the wsdl is there any authorisation so I believe I need to send my username and password before the SOAP envelope. I'm trying to do that with Scriptmaster but there are only three input parameters none of which appear useful for generating or inputting the HTTP authorisation Basic that needs to be in place. I can't see the fedex modules which may have had the parameters I needed. Can anybody help/advise or suggest another plugin I should use.

Many thanks for reading this.