Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcooley

Value List from database does not show up on php page consistently-it will after Refreshing page

3 posts in this topic

I am having an issue with a value list not showing up on my php page consistently.  Most times the value list appears as it should. Some times it will come up blank.  If I REFRESH the page, then it usually appears.  I don't think my coding is incorrect because it works most of the time.  Why would I have to refresh the page for it to appear.  Does it have to do with the server connection…?  I do display other fields on the php page, like name and email address, but the value list is the only one that does not show up all the time.

CorrectVL.tiff

incorrectVL.tiff

Hi I've had this issues for years.  Have you found a solution?

Hi Phanman,

dcooley hasn’t return to the FM Forums since posting this question on September 16, 2014

Why not take this opportunity to explain your situation and not confuse the older post with your own need.

Are you still using v9? If not, Please update your profile to reflect your current version of FileMaker Pro, Operating System, and Platform,  a current Profile helps us to see important information when answering your questions. Also, it makes in unnecessary for you to have to state this information in your questions.

Take a look at Anatomy of a Good Topic for some information about how to ask a question.

TIA

Lee

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By charmcello
      I am tasked with troubleshooting a web registration form that queries a Filemaker Pro v12 database via a Filemaker PHP API.
      The web form had been running well for a couple of months after major revision, when all of a sudden:
      All dropdowns are empty All radio buttons are missing These symptoms appear to be browser-independent. The appearance of these symptoms is mysterious:
      Nobody has modified the PHP code for the web form - I've done a compare with a backup done at the time when the web form was not broken and it is identical to what is currently on the server.  The Filemaker Pro layout that the web form is querying is just fine - all the value lists for the dropdowns and radio buttons are present. I've created a stripped-down version of the web form: https://campmeetings.cccsda.org/test_form.php and I've also attached the php source code file.
      The date and record fields are populating correctly. Notice the empty dropdown list after "Church I attend."
      Could this be caused by an incompatibility between the FMP PHP API and PHP libraries on the server? Perhaps due to a PHP update on the server? Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? 
      test_form.php
    • By DeathRobot
      Hi. I am trying to script the getting of some data from a website that has an API. I have BaseElementsPlugin and was given an example bit of code by the website:
       data = {'domain': domain, 'include_generic': True}
                  headers = {'X-Api-Key': 'xyz123'}
                  resp = requests.post('https://api.anymailfinder.com/v3.0/search/domain.json', data=data, headers=headers)
      I have never dealt with this kind of programming and am not even sure where this info would go or what script step(s) I would use to call this. Is this CURL? Are you aware of sample FM scripting that I could use as a model to figure this out?
      Thanks for any help with this!
    • By JLanclos
      Has anyone come across a way to have filemaker execute an online trade with a brokerage account? I want a DB to place a trade buy or sell with a brokerage house - probably thru an API
      Thanks in advance
      J
    • By tatoosa
      hello,
      i'm a beginner, i have problem with a php script, i run it (1/2  minutes), reaches the command execute() and then it stop with no error message.
      this is the script:

$fm_a = new FileMaker($file, $host, $username, $password);
      $a_table = $fm_a ->newFindCommand('layout_name');
      $a_table->addFindCriterion('online', '1');
      $a_result = $a_table->execute();
      if (FileMaker::isError($iconografia_result)) {
      where i'm a wrong? 
      thanx for your time and collaboration
      Simone

• By angelleye

View File PayPal for FileMaker
      Easily integrate PayPal web service APIs into FileMaker applications using custom functions the same way you use any other function in FileMaker.
      Process credit cards, refund transactions, pull transaction details, and a whole lot more, all with the ease and comfort of the FileMaker scripting process.
      Our FileMaker PayPal custom functions make it quick and easy to integrate PayPal’s API platform into your FileMaker database solution.  Simply open the solution file to load the PayPal custom functions into the system, and they will be available to be used within all of your FileMaker databases.
      The functions work exactly the same as any other function you use within a FileMaker calculation.  You simply pass in request parameters and the function handles the rest.
      All PayPal response data is stored in the solution file in a single table as global fields so the data is immediately accessible via your FileMaker script to populate your own tables/layouts, make calculations, etc.
      Supported FileMaker PayPal APIs
      General
      AddressVerify DoNonReferencedCredit GetBalance GetTransactionDetails MassPay RefundTransaction TransactionSearch RefundTransaction Authorization and Capture
      DoAuthorization DoCapture DoReauthorization DoVoid DoDirectPayment Recurring Payments / Reference Transactions
      BillOutstandingAmount CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile DoReferenceTransaction GetBillingAgreementCustomerDetails GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus UpdateRecurringPaymentsProfile Demo Videos

Submitter angelleye Submitted 01/17/2016 Category Plug-Ins FM Version FM Version: 1