Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't activate plugin on FileMaker Server 14

This topic is 2580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

When I try to activate 360Works_FTPeek (v1.67) on my freshly installed OS X Yosemite with FileMaker Server 14, nothing happen in the web UI (except that the logs say that FileMaker ScriptEngine crashed suddenly)

I then took a look at FM logs, and found this (files cleaned just before enabling the plugin) : 

stderr: 

Unable to find any JVMs matching architecture "i386".
No Java runtime present, requesting install.
2015-08-14 15:41:14.499 fmsased[296:1827] JLRequestRuntimeInstall: Error calling: CFMessagePortCreateRemote

stdout:

(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) Unrecognized manifest key: Permissions
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) Unrecognized manifest key: Codebase
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) Finished reading metadata; (360Works FTPeek) (F3TP1YnYnnn) (File Transfer Protocol (FTP) plugin. Also supports secure connections with SFTP and FTPS.) (1.67)
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) INIT - Creating new log file
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015)  *** INIT for 360Works FTPeek_ServerScripting64 at Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015, headless mode 1, appTypeShort 7, JaCK version 2.0
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) Detected 64-bit environment. Will look for 64-bit JDK home.
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) Java home dir was dynamically read: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_51.jdk/Contents/Home
(C++ Fri Aug 14 15:41:14 2015) Opening dylib at /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/JavaVM

I have Java SDK 1.8.0u51 installed in the standard location (as seen in logs). And at FileMaker Server installation, as there was not yet any JDK, I let it installed JRE 1.8.0u51 so I have both.

Any hint on what's happening here? Should I install an older JDK for this plugin?

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies
On August 14, 2015 at 0:11 PM, evan360works said:

Our plugins do require Apple's Java 6 for all usages on OS X, which you can download at https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US . We're currently working on a fix for this dependency, allowing use with the newest versions of Java, but for now, we do still require Java 6.

Has there been any change or update? Is there a notification list for when an update is released? What alternatives exist? (I guess I can google that last one for myself).

Hi smoore,

Our plugins currently still require Java 6 for use on MacOS. We are pushing to move into testing in the next week or so. We will hopefully have a release that no longer has this dependency in the coming weeks. We will send out an email blast when we do. You can subscribe to our newsletter by entering in your email address at the bottom of the page of our website . We will also announce this on our Facebook and Twitter so be sure to follow those for updates.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi smoore,

Our plugins are compatible with FM15 but no new versions have been pushed to the website. Java 6 is still required on Mac for now. The new framework is close but still has a few kinks to workout before we can release them. We will put out an email blast and update our website and social media when we do. 

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi Ryan,

I am assuming that the FTPeek plug in is still not compatible with FMS15 on Mac?  

Any realistic timeframe on when that will be functional?

Our organization purchased an enterprise license of FTPeek for the purpose of using Server Side Scripts to automate FTP uploads.  As Smoore noted above your site states quite large "FileMaker 15 Ready" so I was under the impression it would work.  If the plug-in is not truly functional using FMS15, is a refund available?

Hi Samr,

Our plugins, including FTPeek, have always been compatible with FMS15 on a Mac.  As long as you have Java 6 installed, the plugins will work fine in this environment. We are very close to finishing development on a new framework that doesn't have this requirement but for the time being it is still required.

Are you having an issue getting it installed?

• Newbies
6 hours ago, ryan360Works said:

Hi Samr,

You can have multiple versions of Java installed on a machine. You do not need to uninstall Java 8 to install Java 6. 

I will have to give that a try.  

• Newbies

I was able to get Java 6 and Java 8 both installed - but am still unable to get the plug-in to install on the Server.

Do you have any more information on how to run both versions of java simultaneously like this?  Has anyone at 360works actually installed the FTPeek plug-in on a Mac Mini Server with FMS15?

Hi Samr,

I run this exact same configuration on my iMac on a daily basis without issue. Does the plugin show in the Admin console? Is it checked as enabled? If it doesn't show, try restarting the FileMaker script engine and rechecking. You also need to make sure that the option to "Enable FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) to use plug-ins" is checked in the Admin console.

This topic is 2580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.