Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal and text overlapping?

Aura-id

This topic is 3172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

How do I get the text to flow down with the portal on a invoice? Ive clicked on the active row state and the table on my invoice flows down perfectly however the subtotal, Vat and other stuff below won't move down unless I edit each invoice manually in the print view layout. Is there anyway the text can move down automatically when a longer invoice is made? 

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 14.38.45.png

You could make the portal as big as the longest invoice, put the text at the bottom and set the portal to "slide up".

But you really should based the print layout on the line items table, not the invoice table so you're printing a bunch of records instead of one. Put your invoice-related information in the header or footer.

• Newbies

You could make the portal as big as the longest invoice, put the text at the bottom and set the portal to "slide up".

But you really should based the print layout on the line items table, not the invoice table so you're printing a bunch of records instead of one. Put your invoice-related information in the header or footer.

Thanks for your help David! Sorry but Im new to filemaker. Would you be able to explain how do I base the print layout on the line items table? It only comes up with a grey text box. How do I edit this?? 

• Newbies

How do I edit the line items table in a invoice? It only comes up with a grey text box. How do I edit this?? 

Im trying to add the subtotal, Vat and shipping into the portal so it can move down automatically when a longer invoice is made? At the moment when there is a longer invoice the text is all overlapping. Please refer to the photo attached. 

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 14.38.45.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 16.17.39.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 16.18.21.png

Edited by Aura-id

This topic is 3172 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.