Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Syncing FM portals to MySQL: Documentation?

This topic is 2842 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to sync data in a Filemaker portal to an external MySQL database? For example, an invoice listing multiple products stored in another table (assuming I only want the information in the portal, such as qty, name, price).

Or do we have to manually sync all related tables behind the scenes and then re-create the relationships using joins later?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Jesse Barnum said:

You'll need to set up the multiple tables to sync separately. It's quite easy to do that in MirrorSync, and the relationships are maintained during the sync.

What does it mean to maintain the relationship during a sync? How is that different from having two tables with foreign keys?

Oh wait... did you mean in the case of a Filemaker to Filemaker sync, as opposed to a Filemaker to MySQL sync? I didn't think it was possible to translate the FM relationship into a MySQL one except by recreating them using joins. Am I mistaken?

Thank you :)

It's no different from having two tables with foreign keys. MirrorSync will set the foreign keys in MySQL so that the foreign key field in the child references the primary key field in the parent.

• Like 1

This topic is 2842 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.