Estimates & invoices only printing 18 line items

This topic is 1803 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to start by thanking the developers for such a wonderful solution. Our organization has been successfully adapted FM starting point to our current needs.

However one of the biggest challenges we have right now comes from having the invoices and Estimates List more than 18 items when they print. I have read in another discussion that was solution for it however I wasn't able to truly grasp the meaning of it. Any help I could get to solve this would be truly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

So update on creating Invoices and Estimates... that are multi-pages.   I shot a video on this... and now I remember why I was trying to avoid this.  Explaining this issue in a video is a challenge.   The completed video probably be 20 Minutes +.  The raw shoot was 34 minutes.

Also... when FMSP 4.7 ships...sometime by the Middle of Sept... it will have this built in... so you can look at a completed multi-Invoice Print... script...and also watch the video.

For those who have the FileMaker Pro 15 Video course, the video on this technique will be video #0550.
http://learningfilemaker.com/fmpro15.php

ETA on the video is 10 days.
I sent BioPlasma the rough version of the videos... so he can chew on it now.  It you desperate to see this video EARLY... and you a Pro Video Course subscriber... let me know...and I will hook you up.
email me directly (for prompt service):  support@rcconsulting.com

All the best,
Richard Carlton

This topic is 1803 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HOnza
      [FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE]
      24U releases Gonector 2.0 for Claris FileMaker
      This new version of the mobile hardware integration plug-in doubles the number of supported devices with new barcode and RFID scanners and more

Prague, CZ -- May 4, 2020 -- 24U Software announces immediate availability of Gonector 2.0, the plug-in that enables custom FileMaker apps running on iPhone or iPad to seamlessly integrate with professional mobile hardware devices. such as digital scales, RFID readers and mobile printers. The new version adds support for industrial barcode scanners from Zebra, handheld RAIN UHF RFID readers with circular polarization CANE skID and Alien ALR-S350, and the DPP line of mobile receipt/label printers from Infinite Peripherals. It also extends the existing functionality by allowing for writing to NFC tags on iPhone with no additional hardware and triggering FileMaker scripts by pressing the programmable hardware button available on some sled readers from Infinite Peripherals, such as Infinea X.

Version 2.0 brings:
      Support for Infinite Peripherals DPP receipt/label printers Support for CAEN skID, a new high-performance RAIN/UHF RFID reader Support for Alien ALR-S350 hand-held RAIN/UHF RFID reader Support for Zebra CS4070 and DS3678 barcode scanners Additional Zebra scanners may be compatible but have not been tested Extended CAEN RFID readers support by enabling user memory reading and writing Extended iPhone built-in NFC reader support to enable NFC tag writing Extended Infinea X support to allow for triggering scripts with programmable buttons Added possibility to control visual, audible and haptic feedback of capable readers Improved cadence of script triggers for scales, RFID readers Compatibility with FileMaker iOS App SDK 19  
      About Gonector
      Gonector is a FileMaker plug-in that allows a native application for iPhone or iPad, built using the FileMaker iOS App SDK, to communicate directly with mobile hardware devices. Being able to interact with professional mobile devices enables developers to use the FileMaker platform to create POS, inventory and other heavy-duty mobile business apps with friendly, fast, and reliable user interface.
      The first version of Gonector was released in July 2018. It has enabled custom apps, such as JOGS, to replace manual work with modern technologies, such as RFID and digital scales, without compromising the ease of use and development efficiency provided by the Claris FileMaker platform.
      Duncan McDavid, CEO of Jacoma Estates said about JOGS and its use of Gonector: "The product we received from 24U has been helpful for us because it's given us a competitive edge over some of our suppliers. We've got a much quicker system in terms of procurement products and a much more transparent system... It's cut out a lot of inefficiencies both through removal of paper paperwork and paper-based processing but we're also able to do a lot more transactions now so our return on investment into the system has been very good."
      The JOGS application combines digital scales, RFID and mobile receipt printers to bring modern technologies to one of the poorest countries in Africa. But Gonector can be used even for more than just the devices it explicitly supports. With its function, designed for reading weight from digital scales, Alan Meinhart from Three Z Printing also successfully used Gonector to read data from a specialized sensor in order to accurately measure paper consumption during print jobs.
      Since plug-ins cannot be added to FileMaker Go, adding these features to a mobile FileMaker app requires the use of the FileMaker iOS App SDK. This can be significantly simplified to just a few clicks by using the 24U's Xgode service. With this service, adding the Gonector to the app is a matter of clicking a checkbox and selecting the devices to enable.

Requirements
      For development, Gonector 2.0 requires any Mac running macOS 10.12 or later and FileMaker Pro 16 or later, or an x86 PC running Windows 7 or later and FileMaker Pro 16 or later.
      macOS 10.14.6 or later and Xcode with Swift version 5 is necessary for building the iOS and iPadOS apps containing Gonector 2.0. Alternatively, the 24U's Xgode online service can be used.
      Apps built with Gonector 2.0 can be installed on iOS 13.1 or newer.

Availability and Pricing
      Gonector 2.0 is immediately available for download free of charge as a fully functional 14-days trial version. Development dummy plug-in does not require activation, iOS version embedded into an app can be activated with a license that is tight to specific bundle ID of the app.
      Licenses for Gonector start at US$499 per year for app deployed to up to 20 users.
      License for Payment Terminals Edition of Gonector is available for US$7999 and includes implementation support for one type of payment terminal.

More information about the new version: https://24usw.com/gon2wf
      More information about Gonector: https://24usoftware.com/gonector
      Download: https://24usoftware.com/gonector#download
      Buy: https://24uSoftware.com/gonector#buy

About 24U Software
      With customers in 76 countries and 30 years of experience with the Claris FileMaker platform, 24U excels in developing new or taking care of existing custom desktop, web and mobile apps, optimizing their performance, identifying and resolving potential issues and liabilities, improving reliability, stability and scalability, integrating them with other systems including various hardware devices, and extending them beyond expectation.
      As a Claris Platinum Partner, 24U helps global businesses around the world to maintain sustainable growth by working with their in-house developers or completely taking care of the maintenance and development of their business solutions.

Customer contact:
      HOnza Koudelka
      Software Division Manager, 24U s.r.o.
      sales@24usoftware.com
      http://www.24usoftware.com

Press Contact:
      pr@24uSoftware.com

###

(c)2021 24U s.r.o. All rights reserved. 24U and 24U Software are trademarks of 24U s.r.o. Claris and FileMaker area trademarks of Claris International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
    • By Chris Dragon
      Crestline, CA - 2empowerFM Developer Assistant and Hands-Free Printer updates are now available to correct incompatibilities with FileMaker 17. All other 2empowerFM plug-ins have been tested as FileMaker 17 ready.

Developer Assistant v3.3 is available immediately at developer.2empowerfm.com. This is a free and recommended update for licenses purchased Feb 10, 2016 and later. In addition to FM 17 fixes, a number of bugs and errors that affect earlier FM versions were also fixed. Full details of fixes and changes can be found in the release notes.

Hands-Free Printer v3.66 is available immediately at print.2empowerfm.com. This is a free and recommended update for licenses purchased May 16, 2014 and later. In addition to FM 17 fixes, HFP for Windows corrects a bug in setting the 'All pages' checkbox and can now set msctls_trackbar32 printer-specific controls. Full details of fixes and changes can be found in the release notes.

About 2empowerFM Plug-ins

Our 2empowerFM line of plug-ins save you time during FileMaker development and add powerful features to your FileMaker solutions. Our plug-ins include:

2empowerFM Developer Assistant
      - Quickly search all scripts to find ones containing a string or pattern.
      - Find table names, function and script step names, field metadata, and more, without generating a DDR.
      - Replace text in script steps and in the multi-line text boxes of any dialog.
      - Debug and develop faster by evaluating highlighted expressions immediately instead of copying, closing dialogs, and pasting into FileMaker's Data Viewer.

2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer
      - Automate printing and control printer-specific settings.
      - Save money by enforcing the use of double sided and toner saver modes.
      - Prevent costly mistakes like printing all records instead of current record.

2empowerFM Menu Popper
      - Pop-up multi-level menus anywhere on a FileMaker layout.
      - Use unique dropdown menus to show type-ahead search results from multiple searches.
      - Make menu items bold, italic, underlined, bulleted, or add separator lines between items.

2empowerFM Keyboard and Mouse
      - Easily link hotkeys to scripts, create image-map buttons, and change the mouse cursor.

2empowerFM SQL Runner
      - Insert and Update data in any FileMaker table without changing layouts or creating extra table relationships.
      - Use an SQL query in a calculated field to generate dynamic pop-up lists.
      - One of our FREE plug-ins!

2empowerFM Text Toolkit
      - Perform powerful search and replace in database text using Perl-compatible regular-expressions.
      - Generate a hash of data using many algorithms including SHA512, SHA256, and MD5.
      - Another FREE plug-in!

2empowerFM Clipboard Explorer
      - Save and restore objects on the clipboard including stylized text, FileMaker scripts, and layout objects.
      - Also totally FREE!

Pricing and Availability

Plug-in updates are available immediately at 2empowerFM.com

Updates for paid plug-ins are free for those who purchased a license within the last year, or longer if intervening plug-in releases contain only minor new features or small fixes. Check the dates posted in the release notes to see if you qualify for a free upgrade on your particular plug-in license. All older licenses may be upgraded for 50% off the price of an equivalent new license.

All plug-ins can be tested for 30 days free of charge and demos are fully functional. Up to three demo extensions are available upon request.

About Dracoventions

Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member located in Crestline, CA, USA. Dracoventions is focused on inventing software that empowers you to save development time, expand FileMaker's abilities, and create a better user experience.

With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company-founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of a FileMaker-based non-profit to create the 2empowerFM Family of Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Hands-Free Printer, Menu Popper, SQL Runner, Text Toolkit, and more. Plug-ins are available at 2empowerFM.com

Contact

Chris Dragon
      Dracoventions

Email: support@dracoventions.com
      Web: http://www.dracoventions.com
    • By Christi Palme
      I'm working on getting QuickBooks' Item Sales Tax groups to pull into filemaker along with it's child records of which itemSalesTaxes belong to the group but I'm so far not having any luck getting my script to work.  In addition, I'm wondering if anyone knows the quickbooks rules regarding assigning the sales tax rate to and invoice - the attribute is named as if it's looking for an itemsalestax name or list id rather than a group name or list id and so far, my attempts to just send it a group name in the place of an item tax name has not worked.  Has anyone done this who could send a sample script?
      best regards,
      Christi
    • By Tony Rod
      Hi everyone,
      I'm using Fm Starting Point 4.6.6.b for a personal project but I don't know if you can help me with some problem I have right now.
      In the Invoices module, there's a field for Contact info (Contact_Name) where you can search for a specific contact just clicking on the lens button and when you found the desire contact, the Biil To and Ship To tabs are updated with contact information. So I duplicate the Contact field, copy the buttons and rename it to Contact Ship and also I modify all the scripst for Contact (Contact_Name) update Bill To tab, and Contact Ship updates Ship To tab, and here is the problem; every time I choose a contact name in either of the two contact fields (Contact or Contact Ship), automatically puts me the same contact name in both fields  (Contact an Contact Ship).
      What I need is that If in Contact field I choose Morgan Vinshire, and in Contact Ship I choose John Smith, those names remain in their respective fields and not like now that if I choose Morgan first as a Contact and then I choose John Smith for Contact, then Contact with the first name (Morgan) change for John Smith.
      I know this is difficult to explain and also confusing but I hope yoy understand what I mean.
       Is there any solution to this problem?
      Thank you in advance.
    • By RajaHashir
      Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this. But I have a issue. 
      Basically, I have a layout which shows an Estimate. Each Estimate layout has a related table for (main estimate, descriptive, other). Each of those related tables has their own fields with detail and pricing. I have those as portals on the Estimates main page.
      My client needs to print out an invoice that shows all the estimates from the related tables in a line item type of view. 
      I was thinking to create a table with all global fields. The script will loop through each related table and transfer that to the new global table by adding new records. Then it will loop through next related table and trasnfer those. This way all table data will be in one list. Then I will print from the new global table with list view. Afterwards, I'm assuming I will need to delete the records in the global table?
      Is that the correct way? Will creating and deleting new records in a global table be an issue with other users?
      I thought of making just one table initially to hold all estimate data, but that will not work.
      Hope this is easy to understand.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.