XML Query Returns No Data

This topic is 2717 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Gang, long time no see!

Anyway, I am attempting to use Insert From Url to pull in some XML data and am having no luck with it.

When I use a url such as "https://ipaddress/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-dbnames", I receive the expected result:

<fmresultset version="1.0"><error code="0"/><product build="05/08/2015" name="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" version="13.0.10.1003"/><datasource database="DBNAMES" date-format="" layout="" table="" time-format="" timestamp-format="" total-count="4"/><metadata><field-definition auto-enter="no" four-digit-year="no" global="no" max-repeat="1" name="DATABASE_NAME" not-empty="yes" numeric-only="no" result="text" time-of-day="no" type="normal"/></metadata><resultset count="4" fetch-size="4"><record mod-id="0" record-id="0"><field name="DATABASE_NAME"><data>FMServer_Sample</data></field></record><record mod-id="0" record-id="0"><field name="DATABASE_NAME"><data>LatestUpdates</data></field></record><record mod-id="0" record-id="0"><field name="DATABASE_NAME"><data>PSoS_Log_CWP</data></field></record><record mod-id="0" record-id="0"><field name="DATABASE_NAME"><data>TEST_XML</data></field></record></resultset></fmresultset>

When I attempt to query the TEST_XML file, however, e.g., "https://ipaddress/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=TEST_XML&-layoutnames", nothing is returned. TEST_XML is a simple one-table (called TESTER) file with one field ("id"), one layout ("Testing") and a handful of records. It is set to auto-login as [Guest], which has the [Full Access] privilege and only the fmxml Extended Privilege.

The server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SP1 and FM Server 13.0.10.1004, with everything enabled in the Admin Console. I am using  Advanced 13.0v9 and Pro 13.0v9, though I receive an empty result in FireFox and IE also.

Am I missing something obvious?

No XML at all. So if I access the URL in ,e.g., Firefox, it shows:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: https://serverip/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=TEST_XML&-layoutnames
Line Number 1, Column 1

If I use an invalid query, such as db=TEST_XML&-layoutnamesd, I receive an error, as expected: <fmresultset version="1.0"><error code="4"/><product build="05/08/2015" name="FileMaker Web Publishing Engine" version="13.0.10.1003"/><datasource database="" date-format="" layout="" table="" time-format="" timestamp-format="" total-count="0"/><metadata/><resultset count="0" fetch-size="0"/></fmresultset>

Using any other kind of query that should be valid (e.g., -lay=Testing&-findall) returns no XML though. The same holds true for other files with several layouts and scripts (a -scriptnames query on PSoS_Log_CWP, for instance returns nothing). I was trying to get this idea working, but it kept bailing because the results of the Insert from URL step were empty. Very frustrating...

Problem solved! Apparently Windows Update had never been enabled on the server. 141 updates later, it works without a hitch!

Thanks for your help, Wim and Web. ;c)

This topic is 2717 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.