Oyseka

Clear Checkbox

Hi all,

How do you set up a checkbox so that only one value is set such that selecting another value will clear the current value.

First, you should format the field as a radio button set. Checkboxes are intended for multiple selections.

However, since even radio buttons allow multiple choices to be selected by holding the Shift key, make the field auto-enter calculated value (replacing existing value) =

RightValues ( Self ; 1 )

Comment, that will include a return in the field. Wouldn't it be better to use getValue ( self; 1) ?

Or

getValue ( self ; valuecount( self))

9 minutes ago, BruceR said:

that will include a return in the field.

Yes, it will. I am not sure it will cause any problems, but it is certainly worth mentioning.

10 minutes ago, BruceR said:

Wouldn't it be better to use getValue ( self; 1) ?

That wouldn't allow selecting another value.

Thank you for the information BruceR and having checked, as comment said, the return does not present a problem that I can see.

Not sure what that means.  You would have to discuss how you use this field in perhaps reports or other operations or perhaps in merge layouts, etc. Or for instance, Find operations, where an exact match search would fail because the field contains a return.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Jonathan Myrah
      After completing an initial sync to my test iPad (starting with an empty clone) none of my value lists that reference fields are working. Instead I get a message saying "No Matches Found". Value lists with custom values still work.
      According to the email I received after the sync completed, all of the records required for the values lists were successfully synced.
      Has anyone seen this before?
    • By Ponderosa
      Totally not sure if I've put this thread in the right topic category, as I'm not even sure how to go about this. First, I'd like to be very clear on the fact that, if possible, this will be done without scripting. I'm hoping for some kind of calculation. IDK. Anyway, I'm trying to copy or Calc one field from an older record to its newest match (using BatchNum field to match). The two fields are different fields (FormNum is the ID number field) (RefID is the the reference field for FormNum ). RefID would allow the user to find the last time the same arrangement of data (FormNum being its ID number) was used. It's meant as sort of a skipping stone effect, if that makes sense.
      My thought was to create a filtered value list of some kind and just set RefID with the highest ID number from FormNum, prior to the newest entry. Or organize by newest Date Created, prior to the newest entry. Again, IDK.
      I'm quite stumped and hope this rambling makes sense to you very helpful people. Thanking you in advance....
    • By Lea Alexander
      I have 3 tables: Person, Session, and Contract where Contract is a join table.  
      I am in the Session table layout, in a Contract portal.  I have a field – Trainer Name in the Contract table – where I want to select the name of a person from a list of people in the Person table.  The Trainer Name field is a dropdown list using values from the Trainer value list “Person::__k_p_Person and Person::Name_Full”. I have tried numerous configurations with table instances and I either cannot alter the Trainer Name field at all, or I get a “?”.  
      After the Contract record is created, I want it to show up in a Contract portal on the person’s record in the Person table.  
      Each person will teach multiple sessions.
      Each session has multiple trainers.
      I have foreign keys in the Contract table for Person and Session. 

• By sal88
      Hi all
      I've created a value list that serves as an email autocomplete drop down (like the sort in an email client). This VL looks to a single text field in a single record table which currently has 3000 lines. The field is updated every 15 minutes by a scheduled server script.
      The 'auto complete using value list' option is applied on the field that refers to this VL.
      The old method was to not have a VL but to just tick the 'auto complete using existing values' option on the field. This was not ideal because existing values might be incorrectly spelled email addresses (and the user would not be able to remove them).
      Since switching to the new method it is slower to retrieve the values from the VL. It is not the type of slowness that locks up filemake; rather it just means the user has to wait 1-4 seconds for values to pop up when letters are typed - before this is was instant in the way it is instant in normal email clients.
      Does anyone have any ideas as to how to speed it up? Or whether this is expected from a single field VL?

Thanks
    • By crazybake
      I have a Value List "Quarter" with values:
      "Summer"
      "Fall"
      "Winter"
      "Spring"
      I planned to loop through these values and assign to a field using the various posts in the forum, but in testing the basic steps it's not working:
      Set Variable [$i; Value: 1]
      Set Variable [$quarters; Value: ValueListItems (Get (FileName); "Quarter")
      Set Variable [$count; ValueCount ($quarters)]
      New Record/Request
      Set Field [Program::ProgramQuarter; GetValue ($quarters; $i)]
      The field ProgramQuarter is not being set to any value....
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    scrumpto 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.