ScottVan

Sync Through a Firewall

I may need to put my FM server in the but still retain the need to sync back to an internal Oracle db behind a corp firewall. Can MS support such a configuration? If not what would be required to make it work?

Thanks

Scott

MirrorSync communicates with Oracle on Oracle's standard port, 1521, so just make sure to set your firewall to allow access on port 1521 from whatever IP address MirrorSync is running on and you should be good.

MirrorSync communicates with Oracle on Oracle's standard port, 1521, so just make sure to set your firewall to allow access on port 1521 from whatever IP address MirrorSync is running on and you should be good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Peter Wagemans
      Because I have only 1 external IP address in the office here, I have set up a reverse proxy on my Sophos UTM 9 firewall, they call it WAF or Web Application Firewall. In this setup, you define a number of "real" web servers with their internal IP addresses, you also define a number of "virtual" web servers by DNS name m type ( http or https ) and port ( 80, 443, or whatever you would like). This works great if you want to host different web servers on different internal machines. BTW they are all VMs.
      I also configured this for FileMaker Server, so everything https related is nicely routed to the fms machine. That also works great, apart from 1 small thing. The client complains about the certificate.
      There is nothing wrong with the certificate, as this works fine when I connect to the server internally ( using the same DNS name of course ). Everything nicely green. It only goes wrong when contacting it externally.
      FileMaker shows an error dialog that it cannot verify the identity of the server. See screen 1. When I click on "View Certificate" it shows perfectly fine certificates, as shown in screen 2, 3 and 4.
      There must be something wrong with the way the firewall is implementing the reverse proxy. I think I configured it correctly: I am passing the host headers, and the virtual filemaker site is correctly associated with the wildcard certifcate, just like the regular virtual apache web site that I am running as well and which gives not problems whatsoever. Someone at the Sophos forum indicated that perhaps the firewall is inserting some certificate information that is not making FileMaker itself happy.
      It appears to me that FileMaker is using 2 technologies here, one that is a custom FileMaker certificate client, which is detecting something it doesn't like, and the "View Certificate" dialog is almost certainly using standard system software ( webkit? ) and decides everything is fine. They are not agreeing with each other, that is for sure.
      Are there any IT people on this forum who have set up something like this? Any help is very much appreciated.

• By davidsilverthornsoftware
      I'm seeing a "FileMaker Script Engine process has terminated abnormally" error when I attempt to register modules on Filemaker Cloud 1.17 using Scriptmaster 5.1 Unfortunately, the database stops responding when it encounters this error, forcing me to close the database. I noticed a similar issue on the forum related to Filemaker Server 17 that was fixed in 5.1. Could there still be an issue for Filemaker Cloud 1.17?
      EDIT: 5.09 works, as mentioned in my post below. I suggest that people use Scriptmaster 5.09 on Filemaker Cloud until this is fixed.
      EDIT 2: There is potential to corrupt data if we attempt to close the database when it is not responding after attempting to register a module with Scriptmaster 5.1. It takes a while before Filemaker will close the database, and it warned me of possible corruption when I re-opened it and attempted to register another module. In testing, I wasn't able to replicate the issue after I sent a disconnect request for the Client thread running the module registration step and turned off Script Engine plugins until I saw the thread had been disconnected. I was able to install 5.09 afterward and confirm that scriptmaster was working once installed.
    • By jpons
      Hi,
      I want to enable the Cloud REST API, but I am afraid that I "dismissed" the notification message that allowed me to do so. How can I enable the RESP API on my cloud instance?
      Thanks,
      -J
    • By animation_master
      Sorts are taking too long for me on FileMaker Cloud.
      A database solution on a local machine (no network) sorts 400 records in less than one second; 
      the same sort via FileMaker Cloud (no Webdirect, no browser, just FileMaker Pro Advanced) takes 30-40 seconds.
      None of the usual suspects (such as unstored calculations) is involved. It just takes way longer. Richard Carlson 
      says that FM Cloud (like WebDirect) forces all sorts to take place on the server. Does this mean that our AWS server 
      is simply slow, and we have to live with that?

• By animation_master
      FileMaker Pro 15 Launch Center connects to our AWS instance with no problem. But then it reports
      No files are currently hosted on AWS instancename.
      Well, there ARE files currently hosted. We access them via WebDirect, so they must be hosted.
      Moreover, when we launch a local copy of the file, FileMaker offers to open the remote copy with
      This file has previously been uploaded to FileMaker Server. Use Hosted Version?
      It even displays the proper address for the hosted file.
      However Use Hosted Version returns this error:
      The file “filename.fmp12“ could not be opened. (Extended privilege disabled)
      So, we created a privilege set that extended privileges for fmwebdirect, fmapp and fmxdbc.
      On the next launch of Remote Version, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share a file because FileMaker network sharing is turned off.
      So, we turned on ODBC sharing, and on the next launch, we got this:
      FileMaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using FileMaker Pro on this computer.
      I’m going in circles here. Are these errors related? What am I doing wrong?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    aztrix55  slinc 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.