Save Records as PDF on Server 16 - error 800

This topic is 2524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yesterday, I tried to move a script that creates a PDF ( and mails it ) to a server side script, as the "save records as PDF" script step is now supported in server side scripts.

It did not work correctly, and generated an error 800 (file could not be created on disk) in the server log. Rather generic error.

I changed the script to point to a blank layout instead. No more error. A nice blank PDF was created.

I put a text box with "test" in it on the layout, Arial 12 point. -> error 800

I removed the text box and put a png graphic on the layout -> OK

I put a text box in a font that I was sure of the server did not have -> OK!

I tried this several times, 2 several fonts, and the results and errors were consistent. So if during the PDF creation, the server replaces the font reference by its own replacement font reference, it is able to save as PDF. If a reference lik "Arial" is used, it fails and the server reports the generic error that it can not create the file on disk (800).

I'm using MacOS 10.12.4 as client and Window Server 2012R2 as the server. Maybe there is a cross platform issue here? As always, more testing is required.

Can anyone confirm similar issues? Any workarounds that are known? Any thoughts and insights?

Is it possible that the Arial font installed on your server machine is corrupt/defective? While I don't know what the error code means, this reminds me fonts not showing in InDesign or Illustrator. Or maybe it's an old Arial font, TrueType instead of OpenType? Maybe FMS 16 only supports OpenType? I can't find any specifics on this, but might start investigating there.

This topic is 2524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.