pomilpetan

Printed report with partial totals at the bottom of each page

Good morning everyone

I'm creating a database where I have to print a report. I created the whole structure but I'm at a block. The report is on several pages and I do not find the solution to be able to have at the bottom of each page the subtotal. The section is inserted, in fact at the end of the list I find the result.
But if the list is longer than a page, I do not have the data of the subtotal but I find it on the second page at the end of the list. I tried to change the field settings by setting total progressive in the options and inserting it in the footer section but I always find the total integer, while if I look at the data in the table format the field has progressive values
Could someone help me on this? I have been reading manuals and internet for two days but I do not find the solution (hoping there is)
Thank you all

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JH Howland
      I have several customers that utilize our MarinaPro Marina Dockage Management solution.  All are running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit and Filemaker Pro 11.0v2.
      All the MarinaPro solutions are functioning well with exception to the one marina that is using an HP LaserJet Professional M1217nfw MFP printer.  The printer has been named "HP LaserJet".
      The problem is that scripted reports will not print after an updated/revised solution is installed on the computer.  However, a test page can be printed from the Windows default printer.
      Print scripts are utilized by more than one report and this sample is named -  "Master Portrait Printer | Current Record | All | 1 |" and is formatted as:
      #Used by: Print Float Plan Form
      #Used by: Toggle Printer Mode
      #Portrait Orientation
      #Print: Current Record | Print Range All | Copies: 1
      Print [Restore: HP LaserJet; No dialog]
      Filemaker Help states, "If you do not specify an output destination before saving the script or 'if the specified printer cannot be found' when the script executes, the 'output from the script step is sent to the user’s default' printer."
      It appears that the "specified" printer is not being found and the output from the script is "not" being sent to the user's default printer.
      However, if I "re-specify print options" and "Save" the script it will start working again.  And now I am unclear whether it is actually finding the FMP "specified" printer or the Windows "default" printer.
      Any ideas why this occurs?

• By muskee
      Hi guys!

I would kindly appreciate your help!
      I need a report for my employees uniforms. I have the employee table where I have these variables:
      employeCat, shirt size, shirt amount , pants size, pants amount, shoe size, shoe amount          (employeCat can be administrative, designer, reception)

So, I made 3 summary fields to add up the amounts and thus obtain the totals of each item.

Soo, I'm having problems when creating the report, can't get it to work.

For example, I need to see the shirt size L and see how much shirts I need for that size and the amount for the category the employee is in.
      I. E Shirt size L, 11 required for category Administrative
      Pants size XL, 7 required for category Designer
      Same for shoes....

And of course eould also need a grand total at the bottom
      Thanks for your help!

• By Ponderosa
      I have a set of order forms, in which each order form has X amounts of orders from X amounts of clients. I can summarize with a Summary field the number of orders each client has ordered on one order form (weekly order form) and now I want to make a report that tells me the breakdown from week to week, and quarter to quarter. I can get the report to break apart the weeks by quarter, and it displays each week's correct total, but it won't do a total sum of each quarter, let alone for the entire database.
      I've tried summarizing the weekly summary field to get the quarterly amount, either in a new field, or on a trailing sub-summary part. The new field just copies the number from the weekly summary field from the record that is active, and the other way just shows the last above record. Wanna pull my hair out!
      I have a feeling that the problem is in how I set up the original weekly summary field, but I just can't see how, or how to make it work.
    • By Matthew Bloomfield
      Hi, 

I made a Filemaker Database a couple of years ago for a correspondence school, now I'm building the same thing for another school. The database has a record for each student and a field for each possible lesson they can be sent. When a lesson is sent the date goes in the appropriate field.

For reporting I had no idea what I was doing, so I just made a table with a field for each lesson and a script that would search within a date range, take a record count of the returned records take that number and put it in my report table. The date range is set by global fields for the start date and the end date. The script would repeat for the 200 or so lessons that we had available. I would then have a report of the number of each lesson that was sent in a date range. 

I guessing that there must be a better way, I have never used a summary report, is that something that would work? If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very very grateful.

Thanks heaps in advance for any help or pointers. Using Filemaker 16.
    • By RajaHashir
      Hi there. I have a list view layout that gets saved to PDF and print.
      On my computer everything looks good. However, on clients computer, the right side is cut off. 
      I have the margin view showing and everything seems to be within the lines. 
      I am using windows and client on Apple. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.