Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Losing fmapp extended privilege after uploading to server

This topic is 2217 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi - 

I've had something odd happen a few times after uploading a local file to Filemaker Server.  The server instance is being hosted by Soliant in their cloud, but I'm assuming this is not an issue of their particular configuration. 

I had enabled the fmapp privilege for appropriate privilege sets before uploading.  It worked at first, but then later, users were unable to access the hosted file.  I discovered that the fmapp extended priv was disabled for their priv set. I thought maybe I hadn't set it when I thought I did.

However, today - the same thing happened with my full access priv set and I was unable to get in on the server to fix it as a result.  Fortunately, it's a new db and no real data was entered yet, so I could fix locally and replace on the server.  What's stranger is that the local file had lost the privilege too - so it's not something that happened just to the file on the server - but rather, it appears to be something that is happening as a result of the upload process.   I'm not sure yet if it's getting cleared on the local file and then impacts the server the next time I do an upload or if it happens on both.  

But it definitely is getting disabled. 

I did find a couple other mentions of this on the web but no real explanation or solution. 

Any thoughts from you all?  Is this a bug or is their some particular way one should upload files to server that I'm not doing?

Thanks,

Michael

If you use the FMS admin console, does it show FMP/GO as being enabled for that file? You could also use the admin console to close and download a copy of the file to inspect locally as well.

Mike

Yes FMP/GO is enabled for the file.

I did enable the local network sharing in the file before uploading to avoid getting errors about sharing not being enabled.  Any chance that could cause problems?

This topic is 2217 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.