Running Version 3 in test mode

This topic is 2191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any way of running the email plugin V3 in test mode? 

I'd like to send some emails using a script but without using live data as my script seems to work when using test records but failing to have the correct recipients when using live data

thanks hive mind.

Hi Chris, we can continue to troubleshoot in your support ticket but I wanted to add this information here in case anyone else has this question.

The Email plugin does not have a test mode, where calling EmailSend would not send an email to the recipient. The best approach would be to see what is causing a failure when certain data is being used. First, make sure to include error checking in the script and record any errors that may be getting set and exit your script if an error occurs preventing the email from being sent. If no errors are being set, the next step would be to step through the script with the script debugger and data viewer to make sure that the expected data is being passed to the plugin, if you are using field references. If you are still not able to determine the issue, the next step would be to take a look at the plugin logs. If you get to this point, I  recommend contacting our support system by emailing [email protected] and include a description of the issue, what you have already tried, and include your plugin logs. Make sure that you have reproduced the issue and then send the logs before any restarts of FileMaker as restarting will overwrite the logs. You can find log locations here.

This topic is 2191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.