Send Mail Error in all x64 versions from FM16 to FM19

I get the below error every time I call the send mail call. It locks me and the only way out is to kill Filemaker client. I get this error for years now since FM 16 on all the x64 versions. Switch To..., Retry, and X do not work as it keeps looping.

Up to now I was able to get around it because I was using the x32 version where the error does not happen.

Now I am moving to FM 19 as the FM 16 version has an EOL Oct-2020.

The FM 19 version comes only on x64 and I have no way avoiding it anymore. I thought that this will be fixed by now but apparently is not.

Image preview

I'm assuming yo use Outlook?  Did you also upgrade Outlook to its 64-bit version?

For future-proofing your solution: consider integrating with your email service's APIs instead of going through the email client or relying on SMTP.

Some of the reasons are explained here: https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/microsoft-graph-api-filemaker-one/

Wim, my mistake. The outlook on the WIN10 is 32bit.

My temporary solution is I will use Server 19 with Client 18. Client 18 has a 32 and a 64 bit version.

Thanks again for you help. You are very nice. You solved me the DB files Open issue which now allows me to use Server 19.

Thanks

You can switch to MBS FileMaker Plug-in for sending emails.

If you like to send via Outlook, please check our new WinSendMail functions in our plugin. They can send via Outlook, Thunderbird or other MAPI clients, independent of 32/64bit issues and with a few more options. see Send emails via Outlook

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Nick Lightbody
      My new piece on Medium - with an in depth performance analysis between different types of deployment for FileMaker Server.
      Deployment in a Docker Container on a powerful cloud server comes out as a standout option.
      It will be fascinating to hear your own experience - does it differ from what my testing reveals?
      It will also be fascinating to hear from Wim how the results he gets from his new Punisher performance tool compare with what we get with dsBenchmark?
      Cheers, Nick

https://nicklightbody.medium.com/claris-filemaker-server-19-a-performance-test-of-linux-v-windows-4bb007b5e2d7

• By Don_Macaroni
      I have a regular text field with a height of 20 px in Layout mode. In Browse mode that height is respected. But when I select the field, the height seems to triple and a blue border is added. How do I get rid of this behavior? No doubt it has to do with the stupid Themes thing, but how do I edit that? And is there a way to completely remove the Themes/Styles from a database? This feature has zero usable themes as they are ALL UGLY. I create a nice pro look and copy paste fields, Filemaker Themes/Styles s*ck.
    • By Mafia2020
      I have a calculation that goes like that, I input a number on "Base Imponibile" (say 100), it adds 15% (it gets me 115), it then calculates 4% to the previous result (115) and it gets me 4,60, I then add 2 and the total is 121,60 which is perfect.
      And that's the part that works just fine. But I then want to make a reverse calculation, where I input the expected result of Total Calculation and tells me all the other values and here it's where things go awry.

I'm attaching the initial calculation that works as a reference and the reverse calculation which doesn't work as an example. The "2" that gets subtracted in the reverse calculation is a fixed value of a small tax that I have to deduct (imposta di bollo).
      I have a feeling that the reverse calculation goes crazy because of some unwanted rounding somewhere, but I am not to sure, so I seek the opinion of more calculation versed persons around.

• By Mafia2020
      I know the solution is probably very easy but it escapes me. I got this database, which I use to create invoices, year after year, I created a report page where with a neat summary field I get the "lifetime revenues", "lifetime general expenses", "lifetime total taxes" and "lifetime total invoices number", which is handy, but I need to have the same data broken down by year, and I can't figure out how to achieve that.
      In another post I have been suggested to consolidate the three tables I had (Invoices 2018, Invoices 2019 and Invoices 2020) into a single table (Invoices) and then use a "subsummary" which would give me the data I want based on how I sort the records but I am not sure how to use subsummaries nor I am sure I want something where I have to multiple click to re-order records to get data one at a time; I'd rather prefer a report where a calculation of some sort would make a sum of the total revenue of my invoice records broken down by year, as I exemplified in the database I'm attaching, is that possible in an easy, possibly not involving complicated subsummaries way?
      I'm beginning to get desperate on the subject, please have mercy.
      Invoices Demo.fmp12
    • By Mafia2020
      I'm not even sure to describe under which category my specific problems fall into, I can only advance some hypothesys, so I'll just describe it and let the wisdom of others guide me.
      I have a DB with several tables, I use them to make invoices. With every invoice I input the desired price and it adds automatically 19% taxes and produces a neat invoice which I can print, these three tables are called:
      Invoices 2018
      Invoices 2019
      Invoices 2020
      Now on to my problem. I wanted to create a forth table where from every previously listed table it would calculate the total revenue of the year in question, broke down like this:
      - Total Net price paid for 2018
      - Taxes for 2018
      - Total revenue for 2018 (net+taxes)
      - Total Net price paid for 2019
      - Taxes for 2019
      - Total revenue for 2019 (net+taxes)
      - Total Net price paid for 2020
      - Taxes for 2020
      - Total revenue for 2020 (net+taxes)

I am unsure how to proceed, I tried creating a forth layout and a new table but I have problems brining the summary field from each year's table into the forth table/report/layout.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Msaeed  RavingLuhn 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.