By Jim Gill
I have a very old script (fmp 10?) that creates User Accounts and assigns Privilege Sets. The users are then able to Login via WebDirect (primarily). The Add Account function is used with the following parameters:
Add Account [ Account Name: _Parent Data::Parent1_Email_TrimAndRemoveReturns; Password: _Parent Data::
Parent1_WebPassword; Privilege Set: Web_User ]
[ Expire password ]
The Password is temporary (for first login only) that is randomly generated via Custom Function. Users are required to change their password on first login.
The account is created but for some reason the user cannot Login via Webdirect or Client (Invalid Account/Password). I checked the privilege sets and they all check out. I can manually change the password form the Security Console and require a new password - and everything works as expected. Again this script worked for years - we typically only create accounts in the fall - so if there has been a major security update or some other new requirement that would throw a wrench in the works - well, hoping you all can help me out.
Thank you in advance!
I have started sending emails using the INSERT FROM URL method shown by soliant here:
Emails are being sent out but many recipients seem to be getting my emails sent to their spam folders. I'm curious if this has anything to do with this method of sending emails.
I have been running a document creation and management solution for 2 years.
My scribe maintenance subscription ran out so I bought a new license.
Boom the whole things has collapsed.
Scribe is throwing errors when a field in the database does not appear as a merge field in the document the attached being a typical error.
This solution is vital to my practice but 360Work have no taken 2 working days with no solution - not responding to my emails when I tell them that their work arounds aren't working.
This was suggested "ScribeSetErrorCapture(true)" - but that does not even appear in my steps in the script window.
Not sure if this is the best neighborhood for the question, but it is tied to network/db security.
What method is used to best determine how a user is logged in? Is Get(MultiUserState) the best method for determination of who/how someone is accessing a locally shared (peer-shared) database?
For licensing purposes, we run several authorization scripts during login, and it is helpful to know how the access is working.
Am a bit lost on what (I think) should be a quite simple script:
Field 1 has a value list on layout.
Field 2 is a general text field for typed data entry..
My goal is to use Field 1 to trigger/manage a script which does severla things, but then leaves the mouse/selector inserted into Field 2, for ease of use...
When I select an item in that value list, an OnObjectExit triggered script:
sets a variable from that, then clears that field inserts a calculated value (based on the variable created) in another field. Then it SHOULD "go to Field 2"... as in, after the script is done, the cursor should be inserted into Field 2 with a blinking cursor... My problem is, this isn't working.
the first two parts are working flawlessly - it creates and acts on variables, as it should..
But it refuses to 'go to field' (or "go to object", if i try it that way)..
What's happening instead is this: the script runs, but the selector/mouse jumps on forward to the next object (if that object is in a tab order), or (if NOT in a tab order), it goes nowhere (it operates the script, but dies before setting mouse to the field or object).....
I also tried OnObjectModify and OnObjectSave.... No dice on either.....The mouse simply refuses to "go to field"....
additionally, i tried triggering ANOTHER script (which works on its own) - - simply "go to field 2".. but even that doesn't work..
My guess is that the script (as an OnObjectExit trigger) runs, then FMP assumes that after the script ends, the next object should be selected (rather than ending wherever I told it to end)...