Server Maintenance This Week. ×

scheduled export to CSV

This topic is 7063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I am new to FM. I have a very nice E-commerce system running on a MySQL database. A company asked me to build them a e-commerce system. They are using a Filemaker Unlimited 6 database with product info. I know how to write a script to automate import of CSV into MySQL. The question is: how do i automatically have Filemaker export values of a table to a CVS. I have FM running in trailversion right now and discovered that it is possible to make a script to export certain fields (in a particular/preferred order) from a table into a CSV-file. Can i schedule this script to execute every X seconds/minutes/hours? If so, how?

Can i also have FM automatically import a CSV file every X seconds/minutes/hours? (also, is it than possible that it writes back, say, 6 modified fields into a table with, say, 10 fields (even if the fields in the CSV are in a different order as in the FM database)?

Hopefully i made clear enough what i meant. And hopefully someone out there can hel me since this is the last unsolved problem in an BIG problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Two ways of scheduling the script:

- using a filemaker plugin that allows that (see the plugins listed on the FMI web site)

- or use the AppleScript (or ActiveX on Windows) FM implementation to call a script from the outside and schedule the OS script using the OS (cron on OSX, Task Scheduler on Windows)

This topic is 7063 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.