MONTHLY REPORTS

This topic is 8549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would create a calc field that returns the month and year of the date. Then create a layout with a sub-summary part when sorted by this new calc field.

Next, do a sort on that field (and any other fields you want, such as "Product", "Customer", etc.). Then create a script that sorts, goes to the layout with your new sub-summary part. Note: The sub-summary will only show up in Preview mode (or when you print).

HTH,

Dan

I am new to creating reports on Filemaker Pro 5. I need to generate a monthly report on the products that we manufacture. The report currently gets the information and summarizes (total fallouts and percentages of fallouts). I need to get the report to collect the products by the month and year it was completed. I have created an arbitrary date field with the "Date(Month(date), 1, Year(date))" calculation. I am confused as where to go from here. Do I make a SubSummary part in my report and make the break field the arbitrary date field (which I have tried, it gives me all the data entered, not just the month and year totals.), or do I have to create a script to collect the appropriate data? I created a script to find the appropriate data but it is long and I would have to update the script every time the year changes. Is this right? or is there an automatic way?

Thanks

MEG

quote:

Originally posted by danjacoby:

I would create a calc field that returns the month and year of the date. Then create a layout with a sub-summary part when sorted by this new calc field.

Next, do a sort on that field (and any other fields you want, such as "Product", "Customer", etc.). Then create a script that sorts, goes to the layout with your new sub-summary part. Note: The sub-summary will only show up in Preview mode (or when you print).

HTH,

Dan

Thank You Dan. It worked great.

This topic is 8549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.