Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Skipping Records from a Portal

This topic is 5605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have multiple web pages that use an include to get data for a banner ad to place on the parent page. The banner ad data comes from a portal (there's more on the layout and it's a leftover from FX-PHP.)

I need to change the functionality so one web page can show multiple banner ads but in different places on the page. Similar to a forum that has some topics and then a banner ad, then more topics, and then another banner ad, etc.

Also, with the change, I'm hoping to have one include get the data from FM and another include echo it to the page.

I can get and show a set of ads all together with a foreach loop in a single include and I tried adding an array counter but am getting nothing back.

I'm just now getting my feet wet with FileMaker's PHP and am still pretty disoriented so I may be missing something simple but it's more likely something that I just haven't come to understand yet.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I can get and show a set of ads all together with a foreach loop in a single include and I tried adding an array counter but am getting nothing back.

Code example?

foreach works on a copy so that may be the problem, but without seeing the code it's hard to grasp exactly what you're dooing

This topic is 5605 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.