Filtered value list via PHP

This topic is 4960 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

I'm developing a form in PHP and am wondering if it's possible to use a value list that uses only related values in one of the Web fields.

The form includes a field for the type of service the user is requesting. In the database, a separate table contains vendors, each of which provide only one service type. I have a relationship between the request table and the vendor table based on that service type.

I want the user to select a vendor or vendors from a checkbox set/value list that includes only related values based on the relationship. The user would select a service type and see a checkbox list that only included vendors that offer that service type.

Is there any way this is possible in a one-step form? I'm guessing not, but I'm relatively inexperienced with PHP forms in Filemaker, so I thought I'd ask.

As an alternative, I would be happy to make separate forms for each service type (there are only five) if it were possible to hard-code the desired service type into each form, forcibly setting the relationship and getting the value list to filter correctly. Is such a thing possible?

And barring that, how should I be approaching this? I'd appreciate any ideas or direction.

Thanks,

Kelly

You can do it with AJAX (a method of requerying the server without reloading the page), though it may be difficult to deal with if you're a beginner.

Check out JQuery for some help (http://www.jquery.com).

This topic is 4960 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.