Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CodeIgnitor with Filemaker.php

This topic is 4467 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

Just curious, has anyone integrated CodeIgnitor (or one of the other PHP Frameworks) with the FileMaker Api for PHP? I'll be working on a new project and wouldnt mind using a framework like this to see what its like, I know there is some more of integration between the fx class, but I havent seen anyone use the API for PHP with these frameworks.

Thanks

Jalz

I just built a website in CodeIgniter that used FM API to connect to FileMaker. I didn't use the database class that CodeIgniter offers, as there is no driver for FileMaker, but it still helped a lot. I just had my model return the appropriate data as a multi-dimensional array.

If you end up using CodeIgniter, let me know, because I created a few tools to make things easier for me. For example, the pagination class does not work well with FileMaker, so I extended it.

Actually, I think someone did some sort of link between fx.php and CodeIgniter, but I don't think it hooked in to CodeIgniters database class either. You should be able to find it in the CodeIgniter Wiki.

Hi Dan,

Thats cool. I'm currently working on a 'normal fmp' project at the moment so I wont start this one for at least a month yet. I'll keep you in mind if thats OK, I've built 3 sites with the api for php, but thought I could utilise a libraries in the CI framework to make development of applications quicker and 'neater'.

Cheers

Jalz

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi guys,

I recently started a CI project in which most of the data will be coming from MS SQL, but some will need to come from filemaker. I set up the filemaker.php as a codeigniter library, but when I try to use it, I get the fatal error: "Unable to locate the specified class: ExceptionsEXT". It seems as though there is some sort of conflict with CI. Did either of you guys encounter this?

I'm fairly new with php, so I could be doing something obviously wrong. How did you go about implementing the filemaker.php into your models?

Thanks for your help

I created a Filemaker_helper library, with this as the __construct() method:

function __construct($dbconfig='fmdb')

{

// provide access to CodeIgniter Resources

$this->CI =& get_instance();

// create FM Database object

require_once 'FileMaker.php';

$this->CI->config->load($dbconfig, TRUE);

$this->db = new FileMaker(

$this->CI->config->item('database', $dbconfig),

$this->CI->config->item('hostname', $dbconfig),

$this->CI->config->item('username', $dbconfig),

$this->CI->config->item('password', $dbconfig)

);

}

I access the FileMaker.php file (from the PHP API) the same way as in the FM PHP API's documentation: make sure it is in a location that can be found via PHP's Include Path.

Although... I'm going to be looking into using this for my next FM PHP project: http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/78813-fastfm-filemaker-php-orm/

• 3 months later...

This topic is 4467 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.