Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with validation of Date

This topic is 4212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have this:

$findCommand->addFindCriterion("Date of Birth","8/12/1982");

and I get this:

Error: Date value does not meet validation entry options

I am running out of ideas as to what the problem is.

Server is remotely hosted V12

Cheers

Brian

• Newbies

It's been a while since I've worked with the PHP API, but try a PHP date object as a parameter, also try an ISO formated date "1982-12-08".

Have you read the documentation?

I'll try what you suggest. The documention (such as it is) says that mm/dd/yyyy is the format to use, and this is format that existing dates come over as.

The PHP appears correct. What is the Validation option for that field in your database set to? The error message is telling you that 8/12/1982 does not meet the criteria for a valid entry.

• Newbies

The PHP appears correct. What is the Validation option for that field in your database set to? The error message is telling you that 8/12/1982 does not meet the criteria for a valid entry.

No, there was no validation set on the field, we even tried adding some, but it still failed!

• Newbies

What happens if you add a leading zero to the month field?

$findCommand->addFindCriterion("Date of Birth","08/12/1982");

Brian

nope, tried that - still fails.

Something that has occurred to me. We use a server which hosted remotely, so I did not have access to the "filemaker.php" on the server itself. After quite a bit of googling I found it (I guess on the fm site). However I wonder whether I've actually got the latest?

Another "factor" is that the server I am running the web page on is Linux (ubunutu server), I had to install php-curl specifically, would there be anything else I might need? I've tried to look through the filemaker.php and associated files, and could see anything else, but I might have missed something.

<later> Strangely enough I am actually developing a "batch" php program to migrate data across, on an Win XP system. It would appear that the date search on there is working as required - from dates made up by

date("m/d/Y",strtotime($acrow["DateofBirth"]));"

I now have Jonathon Starks book who uses "n/j/Y" to suppress leading zeros on the day and month, but as discussed above, it does not make any difference.

This topic is 4212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.