Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 4133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Because the security capabilities of SC alone are far under what my application requires by law, I need something that will allow me to completely block access to all SC folders/URLs, no matter what, unless users login to each folder (URL) individually, preferably synced w/ LDAP, or at least blocked based on access to each database. I do plan on using UUIDs, but that doesn't prevent access via URL in general. I don't wan't people uploading various junk files simply because they understand how SC works.

I have read that running Tomcat as the primary web server can do this, but I also see in the SC documentation the following: 

"Option 3: Installing SuperContainer with Tomcat

This approach is recommended for advanced users if you are running Linux, Solaris, or any other computer not running FileMaker Server Advanced."

We're running Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ IIS, and we're running FMS Advanced 12. Am I able to run a copy of Tomcat simultaneously w/ IIS just for using with SC, or am I completely out of luck?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes,

The folks at 360Works provided three different deployment options for this very reason. So, in your case you can simply deploy SuperContainer server on your Windows machine using a custom install of Tomcat. By default you will be using port 8080 to access SuperContainer (i.e 127.0.0.1:8080/SuperContainer), but that can be changed with proper knowledge of Tomcat configurations.

In fact, 360Works provides some pretty good documentation on their product wiki page that explains how to configure different ports when using SC with Tomcat.

Signed,

• Newbies

Awesome! Thanks!

Now all I have to figure out is how to configure security-constraints for different user groups. Seems easy enough, so far. The hardest part will be convincing Network to hand over the LDAP configs.

This topic is 4133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.