Server Maintenance This Week. ×

reference document for FM PHP API

This topic is 3884 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am searching for a reference document that describes the FM PHP API.

What would you all recommend?

I have found bits and pieces, but not a good old fashioned, comprehensive reference document.  The best I have found so far is from Jonathan Starks website:

http://jonathanstark.com/fm/filemaker-api-for-php-documentation.php

That is more of a 'table of contents' format, but it was helpful.

My current problem:

I am having a little difficulty executing a FM script from PHP.  The general method I am trying is:

1. $newPerformScript = $fm->newPerformScriptCommand($layoutName, $scriptName, '');
  2. $result = $newPerformScript->execute();

(By the way, the actual FM script being executed has "Set Field' statements that assign a literal text string to the field.)  Anyway, when I finish step 2 above, I get the following error:

5: Command is invalid (for example, a Set Field script step does not have a calculation specified)

Of course the source could be any number of things.  If I am taking t he wrong approach here, I would appreciate it if someone would point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much!

- Z

There IS no "good old fashioned, comprehensive reference document".  The closest you can come is the FileMaker http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/12/fms/fms12_cwp_php_en.pdf

and the example files in the FileMaker Server/Examples/PHP directory (on your server in the Library folder).

BTW, I could not duplicate your error message with the code you posted (having first properly defined $layoutName and $scriptName).  Can you post the exact commands in your php script?  You have checked the script by running it in FM successfully, right?

• Newbies

doughemi,

Now, why didn't I think of that . . .

You have checked the script by running it in FM successfully, right?

I had a (stupid) problem with the script.  With that cleared I am now able to move forward.  I was able to run a few scripts.

I have been referencing the FileMaker examples you recommended.  Those are good.  I just wish there was a more comprehensive set of examples.  At least I can continue under my own power.

Thanks very much for the help!

- Z

This topic is 3884 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.