Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SSL breaks PHP/CWP?

This topic is 3706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Having a new problem with setting up FMServer 12.  Whenever I turn on the SSL-redirect on the web server (using Server.app - i.e. all HTTP traffic goes to HTTPS) the CWP/PHP test breaks. Turn it off, it works fine.  Turn it on, it breaks. 

PHP/CWP Test is arrived at from the FMS Admin Console 'Technology Test' page:  localhost:16000/test.   It can be opened using the button on the Admin Console, too.

Somewhat curiously, the IWP test works fine under either condition:  IWP Home page also loads correctly after logging out.

Any ideas what is going on with the SSL to cause it to break?  Seems like it might be a configuration issue with the web server, but we have a 2nd server configured nearly identically (as closely as two OSes can be configured after going through the various install processes) and it works fine with this setup (HTTP redirected to HTTPS).

Thanks,

J

I think that I figured out the solution.  It was necessary to do two things:

In the filemaker-api.php file located at: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing- engine/php/mountain lion/lib/php/FileMaker/conf  :

1)  Find this line:     $__FM_CONFIG['hostspec'] = 'http://127.0.0.1';

change it to:       $__FM_CONFIG['hostspec'] = 'https://127.0.0.1:443'; 

This line could also use your specific server name or IP, e.g. "10.10.1.45" or "www.myserver.com"; it doesn't have to be 127.0.0.1. 

2) In the same file, uncomment this line of code:

$__FM_CONFIG['curlOptions'] = array(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false);

I believe that during deployment #1 will already be done for you IF you configured your server with SSL before doing your deployment, and you select "HTTPS" and "Port 443" during the deployment configuration.  That is why I had to do that step manually in the file; I had NOT set it up for SSL when doing the initial deployment (because it was set up yet).

Now...our problem appears to be performance/delays.  The test-PHP file/connection takes 30+ seconds to return a result, even if you are accessing the page from a browser running on the server itself.  That doesn't seem right.

--  Justin

This topic is 3706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.