Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cross-server fields

This topic is 3685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Simple problem here: I have two different Filemaker servers. On one file of Server A, I am trying to run a script via PHP, on a layout with all the fields that are at all referenced. At one point, I am trying to set a field with the contents of another, related field, in a file on Server B. Both files have PHP permissions enabled, with the same username and password (verified and tested), but I can't seem to access the field from Server B, while running php on Server A.

The relationship and script works fine on the client.

Is there some sort of networking permission I need to set to allow Server A and Server B to talk to each other with php? They talk together just fine in Filemaker. They are also on the same network, for that matter (and yes, there are reasons for having two separate servers hosting our different solution files).

Thanks in advance!

To troubleshoot this issue, check/execute following steps:
1.    Create layout in file on server A. This layout should be based on a table from a file on server B and the fields from this table on the layouts. Create PHP test page, which has FM PHP API query either showall or find, with reference to layout created in previous steps. If records are fetched, it is verified that file On server B is accessible from File on server A through PHP.

This is to check that through PHP, file on server B is accessible via file on server B.
2.  Next,in the script which you are running, at the initial  add a script step which goes to a layout in a file of server B,  and then continue with the main script - actions you have to perform.

Also cross check the, the account with PHP permission enabled, of file on server B,  has required access (privileges) to tables/fields used in script of file on server A.

This topic is 3685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.