Importing with "Update matching record in found set" changes the point to comma

This topic is 3655 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am importing data from Tab separated text file to one of the tables in FM file hosted on FM13 server. One of the fields in the table is "Price", defined as the number field.
When I import Tab text file with "Add new records" option checked out, the "Price" fields are populated with the correct price in form xy.z (example 23.4).
When I use the same Tab text file and set "Update matching record in found set", "Add remaining data as new records" and import the file, the "Price" field values change the values to xy,z (so 23.4 becomes 23,4 and so on). The system settings on FileMaker Pro side and Server Side are identical and set to use point as decimal symbol and comma as grouping symbol.

I tried every possible encoding option, but the result is always the same - the point is changed to comma.

Any ideas why this is happening? I searched the support forums but was not able to find and similar issue.

I tried to import Tab text file to Excel, and save it as Excel file, then repeat the same import with Excel file (first import with Add new records, then in second run set "Update matching record in found set", "Add remaining data as new records") - no issues exist. The "Price" field keeps the form xy.z

Thanks

This topic is 3655 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.