Server Maintenance This Week. ×

web page counter and data collection

This topic is 3595 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am the developer of an application that, when launched, gets a URL to an internet web page where I have written the current version number for that application.

Doing some parsing on the return from the URL, the application knows this way that it has to advice the user of a new version available.

I would like to do the same thing with FMS 13 and webdirect:

- have some text on the connection page/layout (the version, to be parsed by my application) 

- collect some data from the user app (that I will put inside the URL) may be triggering a new record for every call

In this way, not only I will supply the correct version number, but I will be able to collect valuable bug data from the app. Like the data that get sent to Apple when your app bombs...

Is this possible ? Can some one point me in the right direction ? How do software company usually do it ?

I tried a URL ("http://IpNumber/fmi/webd#tcalversion" ) with a triggered script on the first window opening of the FM file, but it only works from a web browser (safari). From my app, built with LiveCode (RunRev) I got something like:

"You have to enable javascript in your browser to use an application built with Vaadin." What is "Vaadin" ?

Thanks for any input.

Trevix

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
 <head>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9;chrome=1" />
  <style type="text/css">html, body {height:100argin:0;}</style>
  <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="./VAADIN/themes/default/favicon.ico" />
  <link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="./VAADIN/themes/default/favicon.ico" />
  <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />
 </head>
 <body scroll="auto" class=" v-generated-body">
  <div id="fmiwebd-742712558" class=" v-app default">
   <div class=" v-app-loading"></div>
   <noscript>
    You have to enable javascript in your browser to use an application built with Vaadin.
   </noscript>
  </div>
  <iframe tabindex="-1" id="__gwt_historyFrame" style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;border:0;overflow:hidden" src="javascript:false"></iframe>
  <script type="text/javascript" src="./VAADIN/vaadinBootstrap.js"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
if (!window.vaadin) alert("Failed to load the bootstrap javascript: ./VAADIN/vaadinBootstrap.js");
if (typeof window.__gwtStatsEvent != 'function') {
vaadin.gwtStatsEvents = [];
window.__gwtStatsEvent = function(event) {vaadin.gwtStatsEvents.push(event); return true;};
}
vaadin.initApplication("fmiwebd-742712558",{
    "heartbeatInterval": 30,
    "versionInfo": {"vaadinVersion": "7.1.10"},
    "vaadinDir": "./VAADIN/",
    "authErrMsg": {
        "message": "Prendere nota di eventuali dati non salvati e <u>fare clic qui</u> per continuare.",
        "caption": "Problema di autenticazione"
    },
    "widgetset": "com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet",
    "theme": "default",
    "debug": true,
    "comErrMsg": {
        "message": "Prendere nota di eventuali dati non salvati e <u>fare clic qui</u> per continuare.",
        "caption": "Problema di comunicazione"
    },
    "standalone": true,
    "sessExpMsg": {
        "caption": "Sessione scaduta"
    }
});
//]]></script>
 </body>
</html>

This topic is 3595 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.