Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Running a FileMaker script from an AppleScript

This topic is 3536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am new to FileMaker server and just went from a FileMaker Pro environment to FileMaker Server. Therefore I have to re-write some of the functions which used to work fine and adapt them to the new environment.

CONTEXT

I have a application on my computer called "Do Something When" which detects when someone insert/ mount a SD card on the computer. Once detected an AppleScript program is launched and start to empty the SD onto the computer. It also run specific script in FileMaker Pro scripts.

The syntax is like this:

tell application "FileMaker Pro Advance"

Do script "COPYfiles"

end tell

Emptying an SD card is a process which is executed on the same MacMini server hosting FileMaker Server. The MacMini server is not to do anything else than hosting FileMaker Server and emptying SD card.

What I need to do is within my AppleScript to get the FileMaker Script "COPYfiles" being launched with "Do Something When" when a SD is inserted in the computer. Can I do the following?

tell application "FileMaker Server"

Do script "COPYfiles"

end tell

I did not try this at the moment wanted to ensure not corrupting my database. Best practices says not to run FileMaker Pro on the computer where "FileMaker Server". From my reading, I understand it says to run FileMaker Pro remotely if you need to do so.

Since, I only want to import files I do not want to hold a FileMaker Pro licence only to run the "COPYfiles" FileMaker script.

Is it possible to run FileMaker Server script from an other program?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

This topic is 3536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.