Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3427 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I downloaded the easy sync beta 8 version which has an example of an initial pull script, but am not sure exactly how to implement this initial pull script in my solution i.e where to place these scripts etc.

I had already implemented the 1.2 easysync version and it was working but the initial sync was taking too long on the iPad, I had almost 7000 records, and it was taking 3 seconds per record for the initial sync so decided to download the beta 8 version but am not sure on how exactly to implement this in my solution. Any help appreciated.

I didn't try yet the new EasySync with pull script, but I had the same problem with a solution I'm working on

12 users, each of them have more than 10 main tables (customer, proposal, proposal_lines, invoice, incoice_lines, visits, fees, products...)

kind of a total of 10.000 records per user (100.000 fields per user at least)

I do an initial import

for each table, the iPad call a subscript on the hosted file, select records related to the user, and after the ipad import the datas.

the all process take 3 to 5 minutes in WAN

I close the hosted database at the end of the process

after they use EasySync - even for one change with the same network specs - took 5 to 10 mns.

pros : import is really easy to implement - it's really really fast even with thousands of records - useful at first start or after and update of the mobile file

cons : it is not transactional - I did hundreds of test during last months and 5 to 10 times at all I had a corrupted database at the end of the process. no other solution to restart with a brand new mobile file

cons : it is not transactional - I did hundreds of test during last months and 5 to 10 times at all I had a corrupted database at the end of the process. no other solution to restart with a brand new mobile file

EasySync is transactional,

Analyze the code and you can see how the records are created and committed in one transaction.

Perhaps it would be wise to look deeper into why you have corrupted your data?

You mentioned every after the initial syncs the time taking 3-5 minutes,

I suspect that is because of the sync check routine (compares a list of ES_UUID's ) 

Try disabling it to see of that is the slowness, with large record sets it gets very costly.

There are some alternate ways to track deletes if you are interested in modifying the source scripts.

C

This topic is 3427 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.