Import via ODBC connection requires OS admin password?

This topic is 3382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Our main database is a 4D database, but we use Filemaker to handle a number of "helper" applications. 

In order to access the data in our 4D system, we've installed ODBC Manager on a few of our workstations, and installed the 4D v13 driver from 4D's website. In general, this all seems to be working well.

However, as we've begun doing more with this integration, I've run into an issue that as part of the import, the OS is asking for an administrator's name and password to allow Filemaker to make changes.

The main user account I use when developing is an Admin account, so I've never run into this before.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or have any ideas on how to avoid the OS requesting an admin account password to perform the import?  Interestingly, this only happens the first time an ODBC import is attempted during any session of Filemaker.

Filemaker Pro v13

OSX 10.9.x

Ah, some more testing (and getting some others here involved) found the solution.

The ODBC driver was set up as a System DSN. When switched to a User DSN, it is no longer requiring admin password.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help on my workstation, which has two user accounts, as I can't seem to install the same driver as a User DSN under both accounts.

Are you using a System DSN or a User DSN?

Oops, didn't see your follow-up.  A system DSN is preferred though so I'm surprised that this does not work that way.  Perhaps try a different 4D driver?  Can you save credentials as part of the DSN setup?

This topic is 3382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.