Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pause/Resume script step

This topic is 3251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My scenario is to design a routine to allow a user to import data to a temporary table, review the data, add a status to the data, click 'Go' and import the data.  Ideally I want all of this to run off of the same script, which is where I would imagine the Pause/Resume script command would work, but I'm having an issue.

My script imports the data first, it then pauses perfectly, allowing the user to update the status as necessary.  The user can then hit the 'Go' button which I want to resume the script and continue with the import to the main data table.  

It's at this point I think I've got something wrong.  The button is set up with Action = Perform Script (Import Script), Options (Resume Current Script).  i can't see a way to resume the script without first performing it?!

I'd have expected pressing this button to resume the import script immediately after the Pause/Resume (indefinitely) command, but instead, it's returning right to the start of the script and beginning the import process over again (I get a file selection screen which is giving this away).

Any help appreciated on this one, I hope I've made sense!

Thanks in advance

The Resume option will resume the current instance of the script, then start a new one.

Instead, use the single script step “Resume Script” for the button.

You could also wrap the different sections of your code into If [ Get ( ScriptParameter ) = … ] blocks.

• Like 1

This topic is 3251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.