Javascript Not Loading

aholtzapfel

This topic is 2685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a web page that I want to display in a web viewer.  It uses an HTML5 Canvas and Javascript to display a map.  The page loads fine in a browser but in a webviewer the HTML loads but the referenced javascripts never run. Does anyone know why? or how I can get it to work?

link to the page I am trying to load in a webviewer 

Any insights would be appreciated.

That would explain it. (IE8 does not support the HTML5 Canvas Element.  HTML5 Support started in IE9.)

Thank you.  (RANT  ... IE8? Really? I can understand using an older browser but IE8? It's 6 years old.... lots and lots have changed since.... :sigh: ... Rant over.)

• 2 weeks later...

OK.  Evidently, you can override the IE version that gets used by default. (IE8)

The following is a VBS script that will write a couple of registry values.  It tells IE to use IE11 (or change ver variable to 9000 for IE9) for filemaker's webviewer.

(To use, copy and paste the script below into a text file, save the file with the .vbs extension, open the file.)

set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'11000=IE11,9000=IE9
ver = 11000
'FileMaker Pro
WshShell.RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BEHAVIORS\FileMaker Pro.exe"),1,"REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION\FileMaker Pro.exe"),ver,"REG_DWORD"
'FileMaker Pro Advanced
WshShell.RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BEHAVIORS\FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe"),1,"REG_DWORD"
WshShell.RegWrite ("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION\FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe"),ver,"REG_DWORD"
WScript.Quit

This script must be run on each user account on the client computer that uses filemaker.

If your interested in this issue, it doesn't appear to be new...

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10720/~/webviewer-update-for-filemaker-pro-and-filemaker-pro-advanced-windows-only

and if your interested in the valid values for the various IE versions...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330730%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

(Fyi, you could put this script into a text field in filemaker, use the Export Field Contents script step, and specify the Automatically open file option, making sure you used the .vbs in the path.  Filemaker would need restarted before the webviewer was updated.)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Newbies

Aholtzapfel, I created an account just to say "thank you!".

This was driving me mad; a (rather complex) JavaScript was rendering on my primary (Mac) development system and on FMGo without issue ... but on Windows?  Font rendering was awful, mouseover() events wouldn't fire on certain objects ... and the list went on -- a single day before a (Windows-based) demo was due.  I never thought FileMaker would be IDIOTIC enough to render using IE8.  Rest easy knowing you've saved me from drop-kicking my HP. 

This topic is 2685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.