IWP pages reporting '404 Not found' after FMS12 install, regular HTML pages are OK

This topic is 3663 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having some trouble with the web server after installing FMS 12.0.5.  This is on Mac OS X 10.8.5.  Server.app is currently installed, but it was not present at the initial installation of FMS (if that matters).  I can't verify that this was working before Server.app did get installed.  I also wasn't the one executing the initial installation of the OS, the OS patches, or FMS.

This was a fresh OS install and thus a fresh FMS install as well.  Reinstalling is an option, but would rather avoid it if there is some simple configuration issue that I need to clear up.  I have tried an 'edit deployment' process, but that didn't fix anything.

The primary issue is that the web server often reports 'File not found' when accessing certain paths (e.g. IWP). 

Not Found

The requested URL /fmi/iwp/cgi was not found on this server.

It IS able to serve up regular web pages from the default directory ( /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/index.html).  I put some test files there (e.g. phpinfo.php, and a 'Hello world' type HTML file) and our custom static IWP login pages there; I am able to get to either the custom IWP pages or the test files, but when I login to IWP (from our custom pages) it gives me the result above.  That is also the error that I get if I try this URL:  localhost/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames.  And I can't reach anything trying the default IWP home page:   localhost/fmi/iwp/res/iwp_home.html

So, there is probably something messed up in the web server configuration during the installation gyrations.  The web server IS using a redirect:  all traffic to HTTP is redirected to HTTPS.  This problem exists even when the redirection is turned off, though.

Anyone have any ideas of where to look?

Thanks,

C

Well, after a few other attempts to install FMS, THIS error has gone away.  I am running into other errors with PHP/CWP, though (see other posting).  I didn't see a way to remove this thread.  Also thought that it might be helpful for future readers.

I don't know for certain, but I would surmise that it was an issue of how things were installed - the order that they were installed most likely.

This topic is 3663 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.