Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portrait and landscape sizes for iPhone 6 plus

This topic is 3487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am about to get my iPhone 6 plus and have a number of files setup for my current 3.5inch iPhone screen. Does anyone have the dimensions I need to customise the outline template when modifying those files for the iPhone 6 plus please.

I updated the iOS Window Preview module to include the new device sizes. I haven't had the opportunity to test hands-on with the new devices, but I've made my best calculations based on the information available.

Design your layouts for 5.5" iPhones (6+) to fit in 641 pt tall by 414 pt wide for vertical orientation, and 349 pt tall by 736 pt wide for landscape orientation.

If the iPhone 6+ is the only device you have to support, that should be enough. However, it may still be good exercise to design for a smaller layout and using object resizing to expand for the larger devices as appropriate.

• Like 1

• Newbies

I updated the iOS Window Preview module to include the new device sizes. I haven't had the opportunity to test hands-on with the new devices, but I've made my best calculations based on the information available.

Design your layouts for 5.5" iPhones (6+) to fit in 641 pt tall by 414 pt wide for vertical orientation, and 349 pt tall by 736 pt wide for landscape orientation.

If the iPhone 6+ is the only device you have to support, that should be enough. However, it may still be good exercise to design for a smaller layout and using object resizing to expand for the larger devices as appropriate.

Thanx, jbante.  I appreciate the guesstimates.  I will play with them when i get my iPhone 6+ and see how they work.  At least I have a baseline to start with.

This topic is 3487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.