Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error 404 when Exporting Field Contents on iOS

This topic is 3393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

On iOS, i am trying to open the .pdf file stored inside the container field.

The variable $path is created using "Get ( TemporaryPath)"... and than i use "Export Field Contents" with option to open file automatically.

This works great on FM Client device and opens the PDF file stored inside the container field as expected.

On iOS device with FileMaker Go 13 it gives a 404 Error - "File could not be found". Why?

Opposed to Get( DocumentsPath ); Get( TemporaryPath ) does not always work as expected, did you check what is in $path?

I always feel that Get( TemporaryPath ) is the right thing to use, as I m sending all attachments by email and it would be good if files would be gone when system reboots. The inconcistency of Get( TemporaryPath ) has puzzled me more than once.

As a test, can you please try to use: Get( DocumentsPath ) ? Just to see if your troubles are gone like a rat out of an aquaduct, i e

I did this, didn't work neither in this case.

Apparently, it was the server port problem. The required port on the FM Server hosting machine was not opened to allow viewing the content from a container field on iPad.

I was still able to do this on a PC or Mac, and i tested the same function on a different server that i know is 100% FileMaker ready and it worked fine. So there is a port on the server required to use "Export Field Contents" in such a way with iOS.

I spent an hour trying to find out which port exactly and i thought i have read it somewhere in FTS or FMS Getting Started Guide, but i gave up eventually and it is definitely not clear from the FileMaker listing of ports in use on Server 13 (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12120/~/ports-used-by-filemaker-server-13).

However, on the server that was installed "By the book" the script worked with no issues.  

This topic is 3393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.